GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Wenger is gone-5 days

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just wowo. how does Wenger get over this embaressment, if he goes and buys 5 players he risks panic purchases now. is his vision dead, and does he continue once he's mourned that loss? they'll still do OK against 15-16 teams this year (especially once injuries/suspensions come back), but last season i reckon.

which is a shame, because he did give us some brilliant football and footballers.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
How long is his contract though? Will cost Arsenal a lot of money, no?

your probably right-but as much as i admire him,and i only follow Brighton btw,this is shamboholic,he seems a lost man,his team clearly not playing for him anymore.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As much as it pains me to say it, you have to give credit to Taggart too.

He has also kept to his principles in terms of playing attacking football, and Smalling, Jones, Nani, Young, Welbeck, Rooney and Hernandez all have their prime ahead of them.

Can't see the likes of Berbatov or Owen getting a game except for the League Cup.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Didn't see the game but the scoreline indicates complete capitulation and humiliation. This can only mean one of two things, Wenger buys, and buys big VERY quickly or Wenger walks. 8 points off the pace after 3 games is not totally unexpected but, in premiership terms has the potential to be a disaster in terms of league position. Expect the unexpected.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The good news is a lot of those Man Utd players are English - Young looks to be a fantastic buy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As much as it pains me to say it, you have to give credit to Taggart too.

definatly, but...

My only down point on Man U is the keeper, did they get him free in a Kinder Egg as the first Arsenal goal was a joke

this, and Van Persie had yards of space for his goal. the keeper is suspect and the defence wasnt great, just wasnt tested much. if a couple of the star players have off games and against an organised and disiplined side, i think they could look vulnerable at the back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Check out The Alan Davies podcast, The Tuesday Club.

It's a great listen at the best of times, but this weeks is going to be mentals!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here