Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U STHs absolutely shafted

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Technically Man Utd supporters aren't fans though.
Funny how you seem to get stroppy if anyone levels that criticism at your beloved Chelsea. A team whose league crowds have gone from about 12,000 to 40,000 in just over a decade - the prawn sandwich munching turds.

Macintosh HD:System Folder:Exchange Temporary Items:SeasonTicketHomeCupTicketSc.doc
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they create rights for and
impose obligations on you.
We draw your particular attention to the following provisions of the Terms and
Conditions:
5, 6, 7 and 10.
Also, please be aware that the following provisions are new or have been materially
amended from the previous Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket Scheme Terms
and Conditions:
4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13.
Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket Scheme Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket
Scheme and are supplemental to the Match Ticket Terms and Conditions which apply to the
use of match tickets generally and which were made available to the season ticket holder as
part of the season ticket application process (and further copies of which are available from
the Club on request).
1. In these terms and conditions:
“Club” means Manchester United Football Club Limited; and
“Stadium” means the Club’s ground at Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester
M16 0RA.
2. The Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket Scheme is only available to season ticket
holders. In the event that a person’s season ticket is withdrawn or suspended for any
reason or that person no longer holds a season ticket for any reason, that person’s
participation in the Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket Scheme will be automatically
terminated.
3. The scheme is valid for all of the Club’s domestic cup competition and European cup
competition matches played at the Stadium (excluding finals and any other matches
played at the Stadium by the Club’s first team) until further notice from the Club in
accordance with paragraph 5.
4. Due to competition rules, requirements and/or guidelines limiting ticket availability,
membership of the Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket Scheme may not secure
tickets for all of the Club’s home cup matches pursuant to paragraph 3 and membership
of the Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket Scheme does not afford any guarantee of
obtaining any tickets. Where a ticket will not be provided for a particular cup match
pursuant to paragraph 3, the season ticket holder will be notified by the Club. The Club
shall have no liability whatsoever to season ticket holders in respect of any cup match for
which tickets are not provided.
5. The Club reserves the right to suspend or cancel the season ticket holder’s membership
of the Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket Scheme at any time, including, without
limitation, for any reason set out in these terms and conditions. Notice of such suspension
or cancellation will be sent to the relevant registered season ticket holder.
6. Members of the Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket Scheme must keep the Club
informed of any changes relating to their card account. In the event of a card or payment
being declined: (i) a ticket will not be issued, (ii) where the season ticket holder is a One
Year Only Season Ticket holder, such season ticket holder may lose their priority position
Macintosh HD:System Folder:Exchange Temporary Items:SeasonTicketHomeCupTicketSc.doc
on any season ticket waiting list, and (iii) the season ticket holder will be liable to pay any
resulting bank or other similar charge incurred by the Club. In addition, if a card or
payment is declined on two or more occasions (whether during a single season or over
the course of more than one season) the Club shall have the right to: (i) terminate the
season ticket holder’s participation in the Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket
Scheme; (ii) withdraw the season ticket holder’s season ticket with immediate effect
and/or; (iii) terminate any other arrangements that the season ticket holder has with the
Club.
7. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Club hereby excludes any and all
liability for loss and/or damage to persons and/or property in or around the
Stadium and/or otherwise relating to these terms and conditions.
8. The Club reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time.
9. The Club shall not have any liability to the season ticket holder in respect of any
failure to carry out or delay in carrying out any of the Club’s obligations under these
terms and conditions caused by fire, flood, accident, strikes or other industrial action,
refusals to grant any licences, permissions or any other fact, matter or circumstance
outside its reasonable control.
10. The Club shall not have any liability to the season ticket holder for any late delivery or
non-delivery of any tickets, documents or other materials resulting from the actions or
omissions of any postal service provider.
11. These terms and conditions (and any associated application form/process) are the
entire agreement between the Club and relevant member of the Season Ticket
Holders Home Cup Ticket Scheme in relation to the subject matter of the same.
12. If any of these terms and conditions are determined by any competent authority to be
invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such terms and conditions shall, to
that extent, be severed from the remaining terms and conditions which shall continue
to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
13. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with
the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts
of England and Wales.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Funny how you seem to get stroppy if anyone levels that criticism at your beloved Chelsea. A team whose league crowds have gone from about 12,000 to 40,000 in just over a decade - the prawn sandwich munching turds.

Unfortunately it was programmed into me from a young age Simster so I find it hard not to get arsey. Still, let's be honest, everyone hates United fans don't they?

I have to say, Brian, that these seem quite favourable comapred to the Withdean experience

ADULT / SENIORS TICKET PRICES *
Stand / MatchTicket / Season Ticket

North/South Stand Centre £44/£20 £836
North Stand Upper Wings £42/£20 £798
South Stand Wings £42/£20 £798
North Stand Tier 2 £38/£19 £722
North / South Lower Wings £38/£19 £722
North and South Lower Centre £40/£20 £760
North East Quadrants Tier 2 £38/£19 £722
North West Quadrants Tier 2 £38/£19 £722
North East Quadrants Tier 1 £34/£17 £646
North West Quadrants Tier 1 £34/£17 £646
East Stand Upper £33/£16.50 £627
West Stand Upper £33/£16.50 £627
East Stand Tier 2 £33/£16.50 £627
West Stand Tier 2 £33/£16.50 £627
Family Stand £31/£15.50 £589/£190
North Stand Tier 3 £30/£15 £570
East Stand Lower £25/£12.50 £475
West Stand Lower £25/£12.50 £475

JUNIOR TICKET PRICES
Stand Match Ticket
All Stands £10

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Can I also just say Simster that as a club I think Chelsea stink to high heaven, with Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal being just as bad.

However fans wise I think on the main Arsenal and Chelsea fans are alright, Liverpool so so but every utd fan I have meet is an arsehole when it comes to Utd. I have had friends who were United supporters and they were perfectly reasonable people until you talked to them about Man U.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
5Live 606 show tonight - apparently a condition of the season ticket is that EVERY STH goes into a lottery for every cup game (Carling, FA, European, whatever) and if you are selected then Manure will debit your account automatically - you don't get a choice of whether you want to go or not. And if the default on the payment twice - you get your season ticket automatically rescinded. It becomes worthless with immediate effect.

How's that for shafting your supporters?

We were just talking about this in the office. It's diabolical!

THis is the really diabolical bit tho..the season ticket holder will be liable to pay any
resulting bank or other similar charge incurred by the Club. In addition, if a card or
payment is declined on two or more occasions (whether during a single season or over
the course of more than one season) the Club shall have the right to: (i) terminate the
season ticket holder’s participation in the Season Ticket Holders Home Cup Ticket
Scheme; (ii) withdraw the season ticket holder’s season ticket with immediate effect
and/or; (iii) terminate any other arrangements that the season ticket holder has with the
Club.

So if it gets turned down twice EVER, the club are entitled to withdraw the Season Ticket............

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
5Live 606 show tonight - apparently a condition of the season ticket is that EVERY STH goes into a lottery for every cup game (Carling, FA, European, whatever) and if you are selected then Manure will debit your account automatically - you don't get a choice of whether you want to go or not.
It's worse than that, it's not a lottery. Every season ticket holder is autmatically charged for every home cup ticket. The only way possibly to get out is if away fans are allocated seats where your season ticket is.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I believe some fans were challenging the legality of this, on the basis that they couldn't possibly know the cost of what MUFC were asking them to sign up for. They were effectively being asked to sign a blank cheque to the "richest" club in the world. (I think these days, "richest" means those with the most "credit", ie. the biggest debt.)

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
On the plus side I have yet to meet a Man Utd fan I like, don't know any Man Utd STH's but I am sure they deserve this.

I know loads of Man U fans who are ignorant, arrogant, bragging fools, but I also know a few Man Utd STHs and without exception they are really nice blokes - generally quiet about their allegance to their team and strangely pessimistic about their chances of winning even the most obvious games.

Almost makes it hard to want them to lose every match - almost but not quite.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I know loads of Man U fans who are ignorant, arrogant, bragging fools, but I also know a few Man Utd STHs and without exception they are really nice blokes - generally quiet about their allegance to their team and strangely pessimistic about their chances of winning even the most obvious games.

Almost makes it hard to want them to lose every match - almost but not quite.
But that's the difference isn't it, the people who actually go every week are usually alright, it's the armchair supporters who are the ignorant wankers, the same goes for Chelsea and Arsenal. The proper Man U fans I've met have always been ok. I've got mates who have had Chelsea season tickets for over 10 years and they hate all the bandwagon jumpers.

But that's the difference isn't it, the people who actually go every week are usually alright, it's the armchair supporters who are the ignorant wankers, the same goes for Chelsea and Arsenal. The proper Man U fans I've met have always been ok. I've got mates who have had Chelsea season tickets for over 10 years and they hate all the bandwagon jumpers.

Coo, just as well we haven't got any then:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here