Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U STHs absolutely shafted

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
5Live 606 show tonight - apparently a condition of the season ticket is that EVERY STH goes into a lottery for every cup game (Carling, FA, European, whatever) and if you are selected then Manure will debit your account automatically - you don't get a choice of whether you want to go or not. And if the default on the payment twice - you get your season ticket automatically rescinded. It becomes worthless with immediate effect.

How's that for shafting your supporters?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was a good article about this in the Times today.

Compulsory this season as opposed to optional last and not very customer friendly however the supply does not meet the demand at Old Traffford so I am sure the Glazers thought this one through.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On the plus side I have yet to meet a Man Utd fan I like, don't know any Man Utd STH's but I am sure they deserve this.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Manure fans didn't say whether it was home or away but it is a big bloody liberty. You have to do the Man U ticket offices job for them if you don't want to go and if you refuse to pay then that's it - you can never get another season ticket.

How to win fans and influence people, eh?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was teaching a MUFC STH tonight and he was complaining about this very issue. The Glazers are loathed but he does not want to give up his seat, so what can he do. He IS a decent local lad too, but slowly being priced out of the game and is thinking of swapping allegiance to FC United instead.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is not good news for footie in the long run. As corny as it sounds, young fans have to be seen as an investment for the future well-being of the club. It's no coincidence that at all the big premiership sides the demographic of the fans has irreversibly changed for older, wealthier people.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I do actually know a couple of Mancunian United fans. Not glory hunters, just ordinary types who've supported one of their two big local teams since birth, like any normal person.

Until now it's actually been quite cheap to get into Old Trafford -- I think some tickets were £13 a couple of years ago.

And they probably don't mind going to the cup games. It's the Guildford supporters' coach crew who might.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Boo hoo. They didn't worry too much when they were enjoying the spoils of all that lovely TV and sponsorship money when they were riding high did they? Now they've got bitten for supporting a money hungry monster. So what? f*** em.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
The Man Utd STH I know are pretty fed up with this. Certainly unlikely to renew next season, and will probably go to watch their local league side - Macclesfield Town.

Seems like a great piece of business if you can get away with it, but only time will tell.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Man Utd STH I know are pretty fed up with this. Certainly unlikely to renew next season, and will probably go to watch their local league side - Macclesfield Town.

Seems like a great piece of business if you can get away with it, but only time will tell.

They will easily get away with it

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I know a STH who comes to Aberystwyth, she travels back to Manchester to see every game.

She was telling me how she wishes for an away game in every cup competition:lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a shit way to do business and I don't understand it really. Actually I do. It's pure short-term greed, and born out of a requirement to service a huge mortgage.

That's the price you pay for going PLC I'm afraid.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
5Live 606 show tonight - apparently a condition of the season ticket is that EVERY STH goes into a lottery for every cup game (Carling, FA, European, whatever) and if you are selected then Manure will debit your account automatically - you don't get a choice of whether you want to go or not. And if the default on the payment twice - you get your season ticket automatically rescinded. It becomes worthless with immediate effect.

How's that for shafting your supporters?

what id you paid by cheque? using your bank details off this would surely be counted as theft..?

has anyone checked the terms if applying, to see what people are signing up / agreeing to?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the STH gets allocated a ticket surely they could use ways and means to give it to a ticketless fan who wants to go. Manure will take the money out of your account and then all you have to do is accept payment for the ticket from whoever you are giving it to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here