Man. U. call centre

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I still have that kit in my wardrobe

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Let's be honest, we almost deserved to lose that game purely because of the kit.

You can just see the shame in Stefan Iovan's face can't you?

"honestly, I play in Ceaucescu's poverty stricken Romania for years, I put up with 10 year old clingy towelling adidas shirts smuggled in past the Communist officials, and I come to England, thinking at last I find fashionable clothes, western style, genuine American Levis. And they make me wear this!"

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
We had the kit for the next two seasons as well! Don't forget it was proceeded by the "pink" away kit. Add the NOBO sponsorship to the mix and we must have held the record for the worst kits in the league. Surpassed only by Hull City's "tiger stripe" kit.
I'd pay top dollar for an intact Adidas kit. Any of them from 80-81 to 85-86. I doubt if any decent examples are left, the ones I have seen around are normally faded to a kind of washed out pale blue.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I bought my eldest daughter the BCal shirt in 1983 - and my youngest duaghter still wears it - and she's at University !!

:clap2: :clap2:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
chez said:
My Favourite Kit.

In the infamous "Pink Nob" kit .... whoever was responsible for that should have been shot ... whenever we wore it that season away from home the opposing fans pissed themselves (and quite right!!! - the kit was crap!)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
In my humble opinion this was the best kit we ever had .... didn't even realise we were supposed to play in stripes until we switched back in the early 1970s ....

Attachments

• albion.jpg
    albion.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 43

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Albion Dan said:
That was a class kit! Anyone know if you can buy it anywhere?

The problem with the British caledonian kit, was that if you wore it in the sun alot, it faded to a horrible shade of pink/purple!!

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Blimey that takes me back. First 2 kits I ever had. B-Cal and Phoenix. Dig that furry writing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here