Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"man flu"

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I dislike the phrase 'man-flu'. But there is one thing I dslike more.

I hate that one person in the office (every office has this one person) that slags off anyone who takes sick leave and never takes a day off ill, ever.

These are the people that come into the office when they are clearly ill, claiming that they "have never taken a day off sick in five years". These are they evil people that give everybody else in the office their germs because of their own stubborn refusal to take a day or two off ill. All they achieve is causing three or four colleagues to have two or three days each off ill. If they stayed at home in the first place, they would have saved the company time and money by not infecting everyone else.

This annoying person will always complain the following week that they turned up when they were ill, therefore everybody else is not as dedicated as them. The actual fact is that it is their fault that everyone else is off ill

[/rant]

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I hate that one person in the office (every office has this one person) that slags off anyone who takes sick leave and never takes a day off ill, ever.

These are the people that come into the office when they are clearly ill, claiming that they "have never taken a day off sick in five years". These are they evil people that give everybody else in the office their germs because of their own stubborn refusal to take a day or two off ill. All they achieve is causing three or four colleagues to have two or three days each off ill. If they stayed at home in the first place, they would have saved the company time and money by not infecting everyone else.

This annoying person will always complain the following week that they turned up when they were ill, therefore everybody else is not as dedicated as them. The actual fact is that it is their fault that everyone else is off ill

[/rant]

Absolutely, I have been saying this for years. It's so f***ing annoying when someone is sat next to you coughing and sneezing all over you and going on about how they don't take time off sick. Really winds me up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

[/rant]

I agree completely especially when there are other colleagues who suffer with asthma or have low immunity through other causes who then have to take time off work because of the martyr's selfishness and false pride.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

[/rant]

Yup, agree with a lot of that. It is also very noticable that people with kids seems to come in to work carrying stuff a lot more than other people.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
I get annoyed with the girls at work who phone me up & say "I won't be in today, womens problems....." as they think it won't be questioned.

Yeah sorry love, I caught my knob in my flies today, doesn't stop me walking in to work looking like John Wayne's shit himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here