Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"man flu"

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Is just me or does anyone else hate this phrase. Now that the cough and cold season is upon us, I'm starting to hear it again loads. It's just a crap derogatory term that was started by women, that to my knowledge isn't even true as most of the women I know make more fuss about a cold than most blokes.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I've actually used the phrase to get a day off work. I had the sniffles, could probably have gone in, but really didn't feel like it. "Man Flu" is a perfect halfway house between 'I've just got a cold' and 'I'm so ill I can't get out of bed for a week'. Man Flu is a good excuse for one day off, and then you can return to work the next day without anyone questioning how you made such a speedy recovery.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
There is a bug going around that im sure is bordering flu, i have never felt so rough from what i thought was a cold.

Man Flu is awful

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Man Flu is more serious nowadays because we've killed all the bacteria that used to build up our body's immune system by cleaning our homes and workplaces to a spotless condition.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Currently have a bad case of man flu that's lasted for 2 days straight...if I don't improve I may have to miss the game tomorrow - and I don't have sky sports :angry:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Flu and Colds are completely different things. If you've ever had proper flu, you know really about it. I've only had it once and it was awful, I lost 1/2 stone in 4 days, one minute I was freezing, the next I was soaked in sweat. Couldn't stand up at all for about 3 days. Nasty.

I went back to work too early, and in those days every Weds I had a voice conference with Tokyo to discuss projects - when I went in that day I couldn't remember my name, let alone what work we did. My manager realised and covered for me brilliantly.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Is just me or does anyone else hate this phrase. Now that the cough and cold season is upon us, I'm starting to hear it again loads. It's just a crap derogatory term that was started by women, that to my knowledge isn't even true as most of the women I know make more fuss about a cold than most blokes.

It is getting stupid – you can't so much as sneeze or cough around some women without them going "ooh man flu man flu man flu ha ha ha".

f*** off.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I got a man flu survival kit for Christmas last year. I found it very useful, especially the bell to ring when in need of attention. In fact, I still use it now.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Flu and Colds are completely different things. If you've ever had proper flu, you know really about it. I've only had it once and it was awful, I lost 1/2 stone in 4 days, one minute I was freezing, the next I was soaked in sweat. Couldn't stand up at all for about 3 days. Nasty.

I went back to work too early, and in those days every Weds I had a voice conference with Tokyo to discuss projects - when I went in that day I couldn't remember my name, let alone what work we did. My manager realised and covered for me brilliantly.

Very true. Flu kills, colds do not. Supposedly if you had flu and there was a £50 note outside on the floor by your bedroom window, you wouldn't go out and pick it up. That's what my mother always told me anyway, and she is a nurse.

I've never had flu and I don't want it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here