Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City Takeover

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If that is the case I wonder if they'll build a football stadium there, they already have a very large cricket stadium.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Been mentioned on BBC Sport site, looks genuine.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
and the Al Jazira stadium is being extended for the season after next's Champions Cup (the one usually held in Tokyo between champs of Europe, South America, Asia, Australasia, Concacaf etc - Toyota Cup)

Abu Dhabi have somehow (I wonder how) temporarily got the rights for that one

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
and the Al Jazira stadium is being extended for the season after next's Champions Cup (the one usually held in Tokyo between champs of Europe, South America, Asia, Australasia, Concacaf etc - Toyota Cup)

Abu Dhabi have somehow (I wonder how) temporarily got the rights for that one

Judging but what I saw the last time I was there Abu (the capital of the UAE) is trying to get as popular as Dubai so I think that at the end of the day it's money that's doing the business for them.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Judging but what I saw the last time I was there Abu (the capital of the UAE) is trying to get as popular as Dubai so I think that at the end of the day it's money that's doing the business for them.

Quite right. They're pretty fed up that Abu Dhabi Emirate is the largest and richest but Dubai gets all of the attention. They're spending megabucks developing AD and I guess this is another step on the way to becoming the biggest attraction in the region.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
All over Sky Sports News now.

Their aim is to 'finish in the Top 4 THIS SEASON'

I think that seeing the way things are done in Abu Dhabi City won't be short of funds. It's just a shame for them that this takeover has come a bit too late to help them with this transfer window.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Presumably we can join in the fun by all be wearing tea towels on our heads for the cup match?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Thank goodness Thaksin has gone. Although part of me would have enjoyed the PL getting in a right pickle when applying the 'right and proper' rules to him again.

Quite right. They're pretty fed up that Abu Dhabi Emirate is the largest and richest but Dubai gets all of the attention. They're spending megabucks developing AD and I guess this is another step on the way to becoming the biggest attraction in the region.

They'd better start upgrading their shitty airport then-the place is a frigging dump. It's all very well looking like an inside-out donut but as an airport terminal it doesn't work. And don't get me started about allowing smoking everywhere in the building.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

True. I'm looking to expand my business and set up an Abu Dhabi office for September 2009 - as you say, there's higher GDP there than Dubai.

The UAE is a great place to be an entrepreneur at the moment.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
They'd better start upgrading their shitty airport then-the place is a frigging dump. It's all very well looking like an inside-out donut but as an airport terminal it doesn't work. And don't get me started about allowing smoking everywhere in the building.

The Etihad wing (designed to take the A380 with double decker bridges) is due to open very soon with the midfield terminal under design development. Not the type of thing you can do overnight this airport construction business.

But I agree it is frigging dump in its present guise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here