The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If it were Italy they’d be relegated to league 2. They’ll get a hefty fine and be lifting the trophy again.
Slap on the wrist, further erosion of the idea that any of the regulatory bodies have any teeth and we'll all be watching them lift the trophy again come May.

Nailed on.
Important to remember that, if found guilty, it is not the Premier League that decides the punishment. It is an independent panel. I'm more trusting that the government won't intervene either, like Johnson tried to in the Newcastle take over.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Colluding to achieve artificially inflated sponsorship deals with business partners, and secretly backhanding employees (Mancini) off the books on the snide to keep within FFP (amongst dozens of other dodgy dealings). Its different to what the likes of Everton and Forest were charged with.

They'll probably get away with, at worse, a fairly inconsequential points deduction. But I would love it, LOVE it if they got proper clobbered.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I realise the runners up each year will never be awarded the titles, it’d be too equitable and messy.

Instead, it would be funny if they were stripped of the titles, with no winnrer.

In reality, they’ll probably get away with it. @El Presidente ((I think) once said that they’ve engaged all the City law firms and barristers with expertise in this field. Not just one firm.

Very deliberately, part of the crooked Abu Dhabi approach to everything.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I think they will get a points deduction, enough to stop them winning it this season but not put them out of the top 4.
The EPL probably don’t want city winning the league this season. It is turning into Scotland with more £. No competition = no interest.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I think they will get a points deduction, enough to stop them winning it this season but not put them out of the top 4.
The EPL probably don’t want city winning the league this season. It is turning into Scotland with more £. No competition = no interest.
This. Its within the interests of the powers that be that they don't get the title but still qualify for CL.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This. Its within the interests of the powers that be that they don't get the title but still qualify for CL.
Again, it's not the powers that be who will make that decision (if found guilty).

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
City’s team of 650 lawyers will drag it out for 9 years, minimum, and then appeal for a further 13 years.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's bound to finish up as City Lawyers 5 The PL 1 after a VAR decision when City are found guilty initially.

I would much prefer to see them relegated several leagues at least, and thrown out of Europe.
Gone are the days when Swindon was relegated two divisions for financial irregularities. Even they were put back one division higher on appeal.
Mores the pity. Cheats do prosper.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Let’s all wait and see.

Either way, I hope this puts Pep’s genius into perspective. He’s been very successful at very rich clubs.

As they point out in the book Soccernomics, it’s the clubs that spend the most on players that are successful. Pep has been lucky all his managerial life.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This. Points deduction will be coincidentally decided just after the last game of the season. They’ll be put down to 4th (or 5th if we get the extra CL spot).

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Again, it's not the powers that be who will make that decision (if found guilty).
Who is in the "indepedendent panel" and why are they holy people who won't do what the PL/City might want?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here