Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City launch legal action against Premier League

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But even of that was proven, the Premier League is a private members club to all intents and purposes. Their rules are part of the membership.
Exactly. Clubs can do what they want, but if they want to play with other clubs, and those clubs want to play with rules, then the first club can choose to accept or decline.

You might as well say that your players are better at carrying the ball, so they should be allowed to use their hands. That's fine, but you need to find other clubs that want to play with the same rules.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Exactly. Clubs can do what they want, but if they want to play with other clubs, and those clubs want to play with rules, then the first club can choose to accept or decline.

You might as well say that your players are better at carrying the ball, so they should be allowed to use their hands. That's fine, but you need to find other clubs that want to play with the same rules.
This. Man City clearly resent sharing the riches of the EPL with the likes of the cannon-fodder that make up two thirds of the league. Their greed knows no upper limit. Just like Ginger Kev in fact. These people are vile

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No matter how much money you have or how much you cheat you can't buy class. Man City and their owners are all pricks.

albionalba

Football with optimism
NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
Great article.....and lovely irony with the 'history makers' liveried bus picture.....heading for the Bluemoon galactic league no doubt.....

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Should be ready by every City, Newcastle, Chelsea and Everton fan.

But won't be

War is coming. Time to pick a side
Mass boycott (don't go to PL games) is probably the best means of war in this...

The main advantage of Premier League compared to La Liga and Serie A is how it looks. No running tracks, no really small stadiums, and perhaps most importantly, stands always filled with people. If people would not go, the TV companies would start to worry a lot about the value of their league. The clubs can live without matchday income, but upsetting the TV companies could be the path to a fairer league.

But difficult to arrange, I suppose.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Mass boycott (don't go to PL games) is probably the best means of war in this...

The main advantage of Premier League compared to La Liga and Serie A is how it looks. No running tracks, no really small stadiums, and perhaps most importantly, stands always filled with people. If people would not go, the TV companies would start to worry a lot about the value of their league. The clubs can live without matchday income, but upsetting the TV companies could be the path to a fairer league.

But difficult to arrange, I suppose.
Possibly I could still go, just sit there really quietly for 75 minutes looking at my phone, then head off to get a train.

Maybe that would have a similar effect?

albionalba

Football with optimism
NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
Has anyone seen any comment on this from the shadow culture media and sport team at election time? This is the only football connection I can find to Thangam Debbonaire (who cites music, knitting and observing space as hobbies - not wishing to be pejorative about any of those choices but perhaps only the latter relates to football in any way)

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/delr...XT?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here