Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malky MacKay has resigned as Watford Manager

kjgood

Cardiff are seriously in debt and still owe Sam Hamman a shed load of money. Also the holding company setup to build the stadium allegedly have outstanding court appearances for non payment to contractors.

All the big name players have gone, or are going, most were on loan anyway.Allegedly Sam Hamman it is rummoured have offered Cardiff a way out of thier debt to him or his holding company, but that allegedly involves him becoming chairman again.

It wouldnt surprise me to see them in administration before the start of next season.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Watford refuse permission for Cardiff to speak to him. So he resigns and is then free to speak to Cardiff. There's something seriously wrong with the system here. This could happen to us one day. Maybe the rules should be looked at so previously approached managers and players can't go there for 12 months or something

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Watford refuse permission for Cardiff to speak to him. So he resigns and is then free to speak to Cardiff. There's something seriously wrong with the system here. This could happen to us one day. Maybe the rules should be looked at so previously approached managers and players can't go there for 12 months or something

I'm pretty sure if Gus wants to leave there's a clause saying he has to buy the rest of his contract out.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Contracts are worth nothing in football it would seem and loyalty is to the largest pay cheque only.

And if a player is deemed not good enough, worth cashing in on or simply not wanted by a club anymore, whether in contract or not, that a board and/or manager show the same loyalty? Think not myself.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
And if a player is deemed not good enough, worth cashing in on or simply not wanted by a club anymore, whether in contract or not, that a board and/or manager show the same loyalty? Think not myself.
Well they can't just stop paying someone because they don't want them any more?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It was this 'loyalty' I was questioning, nothing else, whether player/manager/board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here