Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malky MacKay has resigned as Watford Manager

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Out of the current vacancies, I'd assume Cardiff.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Cardiff City

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
think this may be a classic case of out of the frying pan...........................

Watford may be broke but they are at least trying to manage their finances.
Cardiff are broke and STILL trying to spend their way to promotion.................................AGAIN :censored:
They are going to come down to earth with such a bump one day soon. In fact I wouldn't mind a small wager on them going out of business during the next twelve months

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Just waiting for the thread now "Gus off to Watford"

Watford must surely be looking like relegation candidates now!

MM knows the grass is greener in Wales because it's always raining there....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
think this may be a classic case of out of the frying pan...........................

Watford may be broke but they are at least trying to manage their finances.
Cardiff are broke and STILL trying to spend their way to promotion.................................AGAIN :censored:
They are going to come down to earth with such a bump one day soon. In fact I wouldn't mind a small wager on them going out of business during the next twelve months

No chance of Cardiff going out of business.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What good are contracts in football these days? Total waste of time.

Managers and players do exactly as they want when it comes to changing clubs-in contract or not. They just use contract negotiations to maximise their pay and conditions, half expecting not to see out their contract when a desperate or rich club comes knocking for them. If they don't get their own way-they simply resign.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sadly true...but without contracts you would not be able to entice the manager/players you want/need.

If you pull out of a contract, you should be made to pay off your employees...............unless this happens anyway????

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Can't say I blame him though. He's kept that team going quite well on a shoestring budget and now he's losing more of his players and it looks like the transfer fees are not going into the playing budget. The only thing is aren't Cardiff shedding a lot of good players for financial reasons ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No chance of Cardiff going out of business.

What is the situation at Cardiff, I thought it was still a financial basketcase? They have already shed a load of players, I'd say playoffs will be the height of their realisitic aspirations this season.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Watford seem to be falling apart at the seams.

And it is true. Contracts are worth nothing in football it would seem and loyalty is to the largest pay cheque only.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Watford will probably struggle this season especially early, but I thought they had a very young team so only takes a couple of shining lights to break through by Xmas and they could do OK. Cardiff will blow up if don't win promotion this season. Could see them finding it harder to make play-offs this season and expect them to miss out by one place (3 spots above us and 10+ above Palace), fire MM, and implode.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
MacKay was a footballers footballer, he has huge respect in the game and many think he can go onto great things.

I do not understand unless there is a lot of money at Cardiff why he would go there though, strip them of their major assets and their sqaud isn't much better than Watfords, I'd have thought he'd hold out for an EPL job.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here