Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malinga the Slinga

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Okay so it's only 20/20 cricket but

4 overs, 6 wickets for 7 runs. 20 dot balls !

Quite amazing figures :eek:

This is actually quite interesting to watch as they have Shane Warne on the players mike, and he's talking through what and why he is bowling.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Lasith Malinga

6 wickets - 7 runs - 4.0 overs

Surely the best 20/20 bowler ever...

Why don't other bowlers copy his action?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I'm not quite sure how it is allowed. I did it once in a game and I got told it was a no ball and not cricket 'etiquette.' Not really a bowler, more of a thrower...

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
I'm not quite sure how it is allowed. I did it once in a game and I got told it was a no ball and not cricket 'etiquette.' Not really a bowler, more of a thrower...

He bowls with a straight arm and his been cleared by all cricket regulations...

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
He only does it because he couldn't afford cricket balls in Sri Lanka and it's the best way to bowl a tennis ball

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's an incredible action - unbelievably hard to control the line, but he is consistently accurate.

One of the World's most entertaining bowlers in my opinion, and those calling for him to amend his style are kill-joys. Of course it's a legal action - his arm is straight, not bent at the elbow, nothing more is asked for in the rules of cricket.

Even underarm bowling is allowed if the bowler's arm is straight. The first person to bowl overarm, back in the 19th Century, was a woman - she had to do so as the 'bustle' on her dress got in the way of the, then standard, underarm style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here