Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Malick Yalcouye **Singed 12/07/2024**

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
of their pre-season games and Allsvenskan games, and it is very clear this guy is already on a different level to 98% of the players in the league and going to be even better. He's arguably the best midfield talent I've seen in Allsvenskan. Hugo Larsson who l
Great insight, thanks

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Last I heard was that clubs had tried to lowball IFK Göteborg with bids worth ca £4m. Given IFKs transfer history, this is entirely sensible - they are terrible at getting money for their players and a year ago they would have taken £4m. But some ten months ago or so they decided to outsource negotiations so I guess the people dealing this time around might want a decent fee. Eventually I think they'll get the €7m if that it was it takes.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Goteborg holding out for 7M euros? If we want him, just go for it before someone else steps in. It ain't going to break the bank.
That's the way I would look at it also and probably most of our fellow armchair fantasy football owners.
It's obviously not as simple as that and the transfer fee is probably likely to be nearer £20m plus the usual sell-on percentages and agents fees (a bit less than we paid for Baleba, but not far off).

I note that Kudus is being linked with wanting a move away from West Ham after only a season, probably due to the contract terms West Ham agreed to and that Tony Bloom refused to agree to. TB will only sign players on his terms.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's the way I would look at it also and probably most of our fellow armchair fantasy football owners.
It's obéiously not as simple as that and the transfer fee is probably likely to be nearer £20m plus the usual sell-on percentages and agents fees (a bit less than we paid for Baleba, but not far off).

I note that Kudus is being linked with wanting a move away from West Ham after only a season, probably due to the contract terms West Ham agreed to and that Tony Bloom refused to agree to. TB will only sign players on hs terms.
Simple then. €7M, take a punt, €20M trot on.

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
Hope this one gets over the line. Box to box with pace.
Similarities with Caicedo.
7 Mil, with loads of interest across Europe.
Checked out on various sites looks like he fits our model.
Or 30 mil on Summerville ?
What do do I know ??

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Hope this one gets over the line. Box to box with pace.
Similarities with Caicedo.
7 Mil, with loads of interest across Europe.
Checked out on various sites looks like he fits our model.
Or 30 mil on Summerville ?
What do do I know ??
Good point. It is disgusting that we are only allowed to sign one player in this window.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Does seem like he's coming if nothing weird happens.

Wonder what the plan would be for him. He's a relatively recently turned 18-year-old - he might not quite be ready for the PL just yet. Very few 18 year olds play regularly in the PL.

Playing primarly with the U21s is probably one option. Spending the rest of the season on loan in Gothenburg and then coming to Brighton in December would also make sense, if it wasn't for IFKs dire track record of developing players and keeping them fit. Their new manager is a bit more Brighton than the manager they just sold (!), so maybe there could be a discussion.

Of course, there's a small chance he could be part of the first team squad next season. His allround (DMC more than anything, but perfectly capable of playing at either wing) qualities could make him useful in any midfield role, and a versatile non-Milner player like that would be quite handy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here