Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Malick Yalcouye **Singed 12/07/2024**

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
He's also the oldest sounding one - really mature guy which is probably part of why everyone is interested.

Reasons why young Africans go here (or to Belgium):

1. Immigration/work permit laws are very generous, as long as you're 18+ and offered a monthly pay of at least around £2000 (in Sweden at least; used to be lower), you're in.

2. This has led to every big club in Scandinavia developing tight relations with the African markets.

3. Gothia Cup in Gothenburg is the biggest youth cup in the world and the best African youth teams often go there, and a lot of signings comes from that.

4. We're able to bribe people and in various ways getting our hands dirty without anyone caring, as we're not a competitive threat to anyone important. And bribing people is essential if you want to make business in Africa. But if PL clubs do it... it could put them in BIG trouble.

My uncle actually made a documentary about when Hammarby signed Odilon Koussilou (now at Leverkusen) - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10394820/ - showing much of the process, including bribing the parents, fiddling with club executives and agents etc. He only made 9 games for Hammarby before being sold for what was their club record.

This was also always going to happen with Yalcouye. In most cases the big clubs are well aware of these big talents but it saves them a lot of hassle if they go through Scandinavia first.
Genuinely interesting that, thanks!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We have a partially blind / deaf very creaky JR Terrier, nearly 14, who makes strange noises and smells, most mornings the noises include '

Malick Yalcouye'​

as she clears her throat

For the aroma alone. . . . . Not for me Geoff.

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Is his position RW or CM, or both at the same time?
He is primarly a defensive midfielder capable of carrying the ball. Very similar to Bissouma in playing style.

He's been quite attacking for IFK as they're shite and he's both their best defensive and attacking player. But I think with us, he'd be a DMC.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He is the oldest looking 18 year old I've seen for a while.

Another African prodigy coming to the Albion via Scandinavia after Adingra, Osman... Nearly Datro Fofana... Interesting that this is becoming an established route, I wonder why so many of the African wonderkids take their first steps in Europe up in Scandiland?
Probably easier to get a work permit? ???

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He is the oldest looking 18 year old I've seen for a while.

Another African prodigy coming to the Albion via Scandinavia after Adingra, Osman... Nearly Datro Fofana... Interesting that this is becoming an established route, I wonder why so many of the African wonderkids take their first steps in Europe up in Scandiland?
Just wait until Boehly reads NSC and realises we want him. He'll be straight on the phone to his agent, offering 1M a week on a 10 year contract.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting highlights reel.

I'd describe his playing style as a cross between Bissouma and Tyler Adams, but with that Caicedo-style centre of gravity thing that gets him turning out of tight spots.

He is high energy, high tempo, a right little terrier.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Sounds very distasteful, is your uncle Louis Theroux ?
Hah! I like Theroux but in Swedish documentary culture you generally stay out of the picture at all times. Some, like my uncle, go all-in on the "show, don't tell" so there's not even verbal narration. The people portrayed is all there is, and distasteful is always good because then you've caught a bit of reality.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Fabricated football? Clue is in the Twitter name! 😂

Translated:

Correct--Football Factory

So we open up the #SillySeason as it should be, with real style and class. Reveals that @IFKGoteborg therefore sells Malick Yalcouyé to the Premier League. So the new club seems to be Brighton & Hove Albion FC @OfficialBHAFC and you know we're always the first with the info

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Responses:

He can't even play in the PL because of their foreigner rules?

It's a disaster if you sell to the first best, don't believe it unless IFK Gbg is extremely desperate

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Yup, everyone wants him, but my sauces (who when it comes to IFK Göteborg are good but not flawless) say we and Salzburg are the only ones currently talking to his representatives.
I like the observation that “he uses his body well despite weighing the same as a carrier bag”

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Responses:

He can't even play in the PL because of their foreigner rules?

It's a disaster if you sell to the first best, don't believe it unless IFK Gbg is extremely desperate
Believe it then..

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
Have any of our NSC Swedes or scandi-football fans in general actually seen him play? Just about every footballer looks half decent on a Youtube montage

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Just about every footballer looks half decent on a Youtube montage
I bet there's some fun to be had in starting a YouTube channel with the sole purpose of putting together sizzle reels for shit footballers.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Have any of our NSC Swedes or scandi-football fans in general actually seen him play? Just about every footballer looks half decent on a Youtube montage
I've seen most of his games because it just doesn't happen that often that there's a talent at "going to be world class"-level. This year there's arguably two mega talents, Lucas Bergvall (who is now joining Spurs) and Malick Yalcouye. I've heard about him for nearly a year as he was dominating training sessions and would have been a certain starter for IFK last year if he had turned 18 at that point.

Seen most of their pre-season games and Allsvenskan games, and it is very clear this guy is already on a different level to 98% of the players in the league and going to be even better. He's arguably the best midfield talent I've seen in Allsvenskan. Hugo Larsson who left Malmö for Bundesliga last year was excellent, but imho this guy is a step above (and likely to show when someone saves him from the tragedy that is IFK Göteborg).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here