[Albion] Malick Yalcouye **Singed 12/07/2024**

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Bit of background in case anyone else isn't up on their Ivorian teens in Sweden:

The internet says everyone wants him
Yup, everyone wants him, but my sauces (who when it comes to IFK Göteborg are good but not flawless) say we and Salzburg are the only ones currently talking to his representatives.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He is the oldest looking 18 year old I've seen for a while.

Another African prodigy coming to the Albion via Scandinavia after Adingra, Osman... Nearly Datro Fofana... Interesting that this is becoming an established route, I wonder why so many of the African wonderkids take their first steps in Europe up in Scandiland?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Another African prodigy coming to the Albion via Scandinavia after Adingra, Osman... Nearly Datro Fofana... Interesting that this is becoming an established route, I wonder why so many of the African wonderkids take their first steps in Europe up in Scandiland?
See, this would be the perfect time for Swansman / Han Solo to impart some actual knowledge on a subject he’s likely smart about. Now’s your time, sunshine.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yup, everyone wants him, but my sauces (who when it comes to IFK Göteborg are good but not flawless) say we and Salzburg are the only ones currently talking to his representatives.
Is that all you’ve got ?
You’ve changed.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

In the case of Adingra and Osman they came through the Right To Dream Academy, who also own FC Nordsjælland (who we signed both from) to give a direct path for players in the academy in to professional football.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Woah woah woah
He’s Malick!
Yalcouyé!
He is our latest star boy

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

He's also the oldest sounding one - really mature guy which is probably part of why everyone is interested.

Reasons why young Africans go here (or to Belgium):

1. Immigration/work permit laws are very generous, as long as you're 18+ and offered a monthly pay of at least around £2000 (in Sweden at least; used to be lower), you're in.

2. This has led to every big club in Scandinavia developing tight relations with the African markets.

3. Gothia Cup in Gothenburg is the biggest youth cup in the world and the best African youth teams often go there, and a lot of signings comes from that.

4. We're able to bribe people and in various ways getting our hands dirty without anyone caring, as we're not a competitive threat to anyone important. And bribing people is essential if you want to make business in Africa. But if PL clubs do it... it could put them in BIG trouble.

My uncle actually made a documentary about when Hammarby signed Odilon Koussilou (now at Leverkusen) - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10394820/ - showing much of the process, including bribing the parents, fiddling with club executives and agents etc. He only made 9 games for Hammarby before being sold for what was their club record.

This was also always going to happen with Yalcouye. In most cases the big clubs are well aware of these big talents but it saves them a lot of hassle if they go through Scandinavia first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here