Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making strange substitutions - Mark McGhee

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Mark McGhee is a legend and I am 100% behind him , however some things are concerning me

Why play an 18 year old as a lone striker when the lad only has apx 20 games under his belt.
Why didn't Carole figure ? He was one of our better players against Crewe yet the more defensive minded Nicolas was prefered at 1-0 down. Does this mean McGhee has no faith in his 6 figure signing ?
McCammon actually did ok on Sat but I had really hoped he wouldn't figure with the new players we had.
He says in the Argus today that we missed Turienzo . . . how can that be ? Our problem again is lacking goals which is concernign
Don't get Henderson for a seconf month , he's not good enough from what I have seen. Maybe McGhee could play him in midfield ? he could be the creative spark we need.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Henderson had a good game Saturday, if Kuipers is still injured you have to keep him, especially as we don't know how good the French bloke is.
Agree about Nicolas being prefered to Carole, (though I have not seen the latter play) I thought Nicolas was poor, but we were only 0-1 down when he came on, and we were far better in the second half (very little to do with the introduction of Nicolas, and more to do with McCammon).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
silky1 said:
Henderson had a good game Saturday, if Kuipers is still injured you have to keep him, especially as we don't know how good the French bloke is.
Agree about Nicolas being prefered to Carole, (though I have not seen the latter play) I thought Nicolas was poor, but we were only 0-1 down when he came on, and we were far better in the second half (very little to do with the introduction of Nicolas, and more to do with McCammon).

i thought nicolas offered very little on saturday. the fact we got back into the game was due to mccammon being on, and leon certainly seemed to playing wider than in the first half

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
MM does make some very strange decisions at times. But his record is pretty decent so Im prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmm... possible good chant for H Block for next time:

'Mark McGhee - Mark McGhee
Mark McGhee - Mark McGhee
Making strange substitutions - Mark McGhee' :jester:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tom Hark said:
Hmmm... possible good chant for H Block for next time:

'Mark McGhee - Mark McGhee
Mark McGhee - Mark McGhee
Making strange substitutions - Mark McGhee' :jester:

OI I sing that every game!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Dougal said:
He says in the Argus today that we missed Turienzo . . . how can that be ? Our problem again is lacking goals which is concernign

Because McGhee seem him as a natural targetman/spearhead of our formation. McGhee has said quite often previously that, although CKR can do a job in that role, his skills are more naturally designed to play a more deep-lying role, one off the targetman.

Can't disagree with your post more, really. The second half we were well on top of Hull, thanks to McGhee's substitutions. Nicolas strengthened a midfield that had been lacked cohesion in the first half and Big Mac gave some problems to the Hull defence.

It was the actually the starting line-up that arguably McGhee got wrong.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Making strange substitutions - Mark McGhee

London Irish said:
Because McGhee seem him as a natural targetman/spearhead of our formation.

fair enough but I find this strange when McGhee has already stated we don't know how good he is + we haven't really seen anything of him yet to change this opinion.
Not the sort of player you would be missing . . .. . yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here