Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making Fish and Chips at Home!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
you're so wrong skinny 'snips are the best. thinly sliced long ways cooked crispy with honey and mustard or something

I appreciate that you appreciate the taste of a snip or a Sweet Pot but please donn't cook them for me if we go on Come Dine With Me!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's my belief that fish and chips, rather like a good curry, never taste quite as good cooked at home as they do from a takeaway.

Curry I can agree with but fish & chips is much better when you've caught the fish yourself & cooked it freshly cut chips.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No thanks, I'm straight.

Sorry.

Me too, but we can dream!

(Funny you had to make that so clear. No Thanks. I'm Straight. A Straight Man, I have StraightSex, I'm Straight, A Straight Man) :lol:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Yes they can be better.

Use a deep fat fryer,
Use haddock/pollack or similar

and finally coat fish in flour, and coat in TEMPURA batter (this is light and crispy) and available in most supermarkets, cook 190 for 3-4 minutes

FOR CHIPS

cut potatoes into chip shapes, parboil for 4 minutes and cook in deep fat fryer for 10 minutes

SORTED, had it last night, (fish and chips that is):thumbsup:

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
let me know how it goes mate it's been a dream of mine for a few months to do this! (i want pictures, too)

also - that picture in your first post looks EXACTLY like the dish i get from one of my local pubs, top ruddy notch :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here