Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Make Villa Park Louder (Ideas)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yeah lets all paint our faces and have drums and party poppers, mabye we could organise a giant game of pass the parcel :facepalm:

f*** OFF, just have a few beers with your mates and enjoy the FOOTBALL. If you want a good atmosphere SING AS LOUD AS YOU CAN.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
The only teams that need drums and bands are those that have no fans to chant and sing, like Oldham and Blackpool.
If anyone comes anywhere near me with one of those things they are not gonna go home happy.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ok, in terms of singing though there is summat I have noticed about Brighton fans at away games. Lots of loud chanting but it is all VERY short.

Pompey fans for example (yes, yes I know scum etc etc) often sing 'blue army' for about TEN minutes non stop getting louder and louder. Or 'Avram Grants blue and white army' and keep going for 15 mins.

Most Brighton chants seem to be sung at 400mph and over in under a minute :(, our chants seem to be suffer from premature ejaculation.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ok, in terms of singing though there is summat I have noticed about Brighton fans at away games. Lots of loud chanting but it is all VERY short.

Pompey fans for example (yes, yes I know scum etc etc) often sing 'blue army' for about TEN minutes non stop getting louder and louder. Or 'Avram Grants blue and white army' and keep going for 15 mins.

Most Brighton chants seem to be sung at 400mph and over in under a minute :(, our chants seem to be suffer from premature ejaculation.

I blame the kids (seriously)

As soon as a few of them start doing it to GOSBTS it's difficult for everyone else not to follow

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings

its time for the full version of gosbts to be brought back

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We look like a bunch of absolute spackas.... please NO band, it's bad enough at england games... ring of fire? f*** OFF

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Alridge%20leads%20the%20band.jpg

:facepalm:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There was someone in the home end at Blackburn last night with a drum, they were silent. Villa, on the other hand, took 5000 and had no drunm and made constant noise without a drum.

All we need to do is sing SLOWER and LOUDER. We sing so quick that you can never get everybody singing in unison, only then can you make REAL noise.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
There was someone in the home end at Blackburn last night with a drum, they were silent. Villa, on the other hand, took 5000 and had no drunm and made constant noise without a drum.

All we need to do is sing SLOWER and LOUDER. We sing so quick that you can never get everybody singing in unison, only then can you make REAL noise.

Quite right. The only time I have heard us do the Southern Rebel song properly was at Chesterfield a few years ago, when the chant was slow and long, went on almost continuously through the second half.

KEEP IT SLOW, it is more effective then

:wozza:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
especially when we do 'brighton aces' it is so quick, you can't even sing the words properly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here