Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maintenance of NSC

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How much time do you reckon Bozza puts into maintaining this place and how much time would you be willing to spend fiddling with it if you ran it?

A bit random of a random question i know but .....

I reckon about 6 hours a week, if I ran it it would be down more often than up :)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
seagull4life said:
could start by removing father christmas...

Everybody knows that Xmas decs are supposed to come down by midnight on the 6th don't they? :) Bit of time left.

Does that old adage still stand about West Ham coming down with the Xmas Decs???:lol:

Last edited:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Icy Gull said:
:) Bit of time left.

Might take his 6 hours to merge all the London threads though...after everyone gets home safely of course :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Icy Gull said:
Everybody knows that Xmas decs are supposed to come down by midnight on the 6th don't they? :) Bit of time left.

Midnight on the 5th, being the 12th night, isn't it?

Still a few hours left as you say.

Most of the time I spend on NSC is helping people who, for whatever reason, are having difficulty posting. It often takes up a good hour or so a day.

My current gripe is NSC is receiving numerous new 'members' that are clearly automated bots that are going to spam the board with some bollocks or other. Removing them takes a little bit of time so they tend to build up, and authorising genuine new users becomes tiresome all the time they are there. And I can't turn off new user authorisation since the board would be bombarded with crap as soon as these bots successfully registered.

Still, it's worth it for all the love, adulation and appreciation I get...

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Bozza said:
Midnight on the 5th, being the 12th night, isn't it?

Still a few hours left as you say.

Most of the time I spend on NSC is helping people who, for whatever reason, are having difficulty posting. It often takes up a good hour or so a day.

My current gripe is NSC is receiving numerous new 'members' that are clearly automated bots that are going to spam the board with some bollocks or other. Removing them takes a little bit of time so they tend to build up, and authorising genuine new users becomes tiresome all the time they are there. And I can't turn off new user authorisation since the board would be bombarded with crap as soon as these bots successfully registered.

Still, it's worth it for all the love, adulation and appreciation I get...

Certainly helped me in the past with registering difficulties.....and always receive a curteous reply....didn,t realise it took up so much time. I,m sure I speak for the vast majority of NSC users....THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...currently trying to help someone who has 2 U-16 West Ham tickets that he needs to sell.

Dunno if they can be 'upgraded' or not - I would assume so somehow - a seat is a seat after all.

Stay tuned...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Bozza said:
...currently trying to help someone who has 2 U-16 West Ham tickets that he needs to sell.

Dunno if they can be 'upgraded' or not - I would assume so somehow - a seat is a seat after all.

Stay tuned...

just turn them upside down, under 91

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Bozza said:

We're having the same problem on our site, is there an OCR mod somewhere?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Come on he's only putting in 6 hours a week, let's not go overboard with the adulation ;) :lolol:

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Bozza said:

My current gripe is NSC is receiving numerous new 'members' that are clearly automated bots that are going to spam the board with some bollocks or other. Removing them takes a little bit of time so they tend to build up, and authorising genuine new users becomes tiresome all the time they are there.
just an idea but would it help to put in one those things where when you register, you hav to type in the letters/numbers shown in a picture that bots cant recognise?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Freddo said:
just an idea but would it help to put in one those things where when you register, you hav to type in the letters/numbers shown in a picture that bots cant recognise?

Curious - we did implement that and it is turned on. I just did a trial membership join though and it didn't come up.

Presumably it not working and this flood of dodgy users is related - will investigate...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
12th night is 6th January so Bozza actually has until midnight tomorrow night.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Bozza said:
I can't turn off new user authorisation since the board would be bombarded with crap as soon as these bots successfully registered.

I say let the bots on.

I'm sure their links will be more interesting than Safeway's ones to NSP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here