Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What were the deaths and admissions like 2 weeks after we last hit 18k cases?

The 7 day moving average for cases is currently 14k and 17 deaths, we were at 14k on Oct 10 last year when there were av 63 deaths a day

Suggests a decline in deaths of 75%

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The 7 day moving average for cases is currently 14k and 17 deaths, we were at 14k on Oct 10 last year when there were av 63 deaths a day

Suggests a decline in deaths of 75%

I’m assuming more people died in RTA’s last week than COVID-19, why aren’t we shutting the roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’m assuming more people died in RTA’s last week than COVID-19, why aren’t we shutting the roads?

If the number of accidents increased 60-80% week on week we probably would...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Oh please, don't do this again...

Simple answer is Covid is a transmissible disease you can pass on to someone, unknowingly for both parties.

RTA's are at a low rate, comparatively, because a few decades ago government put restrictions in to change people's driving habits... which resulted in reducing deaths!

Sound familiar?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Simple answer is Covid is a transmissible disease you can pass on to someone, unknowingly for both parties.

RTA's are at a low rate, comparatively, because a few decades ago government put restrictions in to change people's driving habits... which resulted in reducing deaths!

Sound familiar?

Judging by my experience of driving round the past month there are still some nasty habits out there

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Simple answer is Covid is a transmissible disease you can pass on to someone, unknowingly for both.
Sound familiar?

It might be transmissible, in fact no doubt about it , but imho when you equate the number of people who are losing there lives to it now, it surely must be time to learn to live with it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
[tweet]1409123320587509763[/tweet]

These mass sporting events, particularly football where people just can't control themselves are super spreader events.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
She has named 3 events in which you needed to test/have vaccine to attend.

Therefore the issue doesn't seem to be the football itself but those choosing to meet up and travel to watch televised games or just generally hang out with no distancing. I believe Crodo was being a little harsh attacking those attending the games themselves and those attending being unable to control themselves. Puts me right off returning to the amex to be amongst such riotous badly behaved throngs

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It might be transmissible, in fact no doubt about it , but imho when you equate the number of people who are losing there lives to it now, it surely must be time to learn to live with it.

I agree there is a time to "live with it", I just think that's when a higher percenyage of the population are double vaccinated, in probably another couple of months...!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I think its fascinating reading some comments on here and on social media, how very divided we've all become due to what side of the lockdown/restrictions fence you sit.
I'm afraid the time will come soon when people will need to start taking responsibility for themselves rather than the government telling everyone how to live their lives, I genuinely feel some people are suffering with Stockholm Syndrome.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I agree there is a time to "live with it", I just think that's when a higher percenyage of the population are double vaccinated, in probably another couple of months...!
I respectfully disagree, I think whilst there was no doubt restrictions were needed, I genuinely believe they are doing more harm than good now, 2 girls at my daughters school have hung themselves in recent weeks, their struggles with the restrictions were well known, when teenage girls are taking their own lives, then I'd say the time has come to re-evaluate !

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I respectfully disagree, I think whilst there was no doubt restrictions were needed, I genuinely believe they are doing more harm than good now, 2 girls at my daughters school have hung themselves in recent weeks, their struggles with the restrictions were well known, when teenage girls are taking their own lives, then I'd say the time has come to re-evaluate !

Totally this, those that want to protect themselves that’s their choice, the rest of us have had enough now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think its fascinating reading some comments on here and on social media, how very divided we've all become due to what side of the lockdown/restrictions fence you sit.
I'm afraid the time will come soon when people will need to start taking responsibility for themselves rather than the government telling everyone how to live their lives, I genuinely feel some people are suffering with Stockholm Syndrome.

In the end the big question we face is whether the vaccines hold the line. I guess we are the worlds test pilot and we're waiting to see what happens.

We have a high vaccination rate, cases going through the roof and restrictions being eased more and more with multiple super spreader events.

In the coming months we will learn more. It might be all over or we might be back in lockdowns come the Autumn...

Yoda

English & European
In the end the big question we face is whether the vaccines hold the line. I guess we are the worlds test pilot and we're waiting to see what happens.

We have a high vaccination rate, cases going through the roof and restrictions being eased more and more with multiple super spreader events.

In the coming months we will learn more. It might be all over or we might be back in lockdowns come the Autumn...

I refer you to my post from yesterday, the vaccine wall appears to be holding up pretty well as things stand:

Take a look at this that I posted in the good news thread yesterday. The vaccine wall is holding firm.

Cases falling in all age groups above 30:
E4qOcCiXEAEsjkT

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
She has named 3 events in which you needed to test/have vaccine to attend.

You didn't need to though to travel to London or watch the games in poorly ventilated indoor venues. Plus many of this age group have either 1 jab and limited immunity or no vaccination at all. The negative test is a waste of time as you can easily fib and say it's negative.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Nearly 23,000 cases today, this wave is not slowing, it is accelerating rapidly, up 70% weekly average compared to previous week. Fortunately deaths are low (albeit we know this is partially weekend lag) but these cases could in a few weeks time start putting quite some pressure on hospitals.

:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here