Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This whole Won't Somebody PLEASE Think Of Christmas spiel I find utterly offensive. It's all about the consumer spend. TUI Summer Holiday ads will be running long before the Queen's Speech, while Xmas is still a short memory and a long trail of debt.

**** xmas basically.

Maybe just opt out of all the nonsense and wake up bright-eyed n bushy-tailed ready for the Boxing Day fixtures?

Miserable Presbyterian upbringing?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
You accused me of causing the problem once without even knowing me. Great that you can judge people without knowing their backgrounds

Not you again, haven't you got me on ignore yet? You call me the negative one, yet all you do is reply to my posts with negative comments. Have I upset you, personally?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not you again, haven't you got me on ignore yet? You call me the negative one, yet all you do is reply to my posts with negative comments. Have I upset you, personally?

Sorry to offend. Just hacked me off when you had an unfounded dig at me and refused to apologise when I corrected you. I'm sure it was a genuine case of mistaken identity by you but yes at the time it did upset me and I let you know that at the time.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
From the sounds of it, the 5 days we are allowed out (14 week circuit breaker anyone?) will mean another lockdown after.

There won’t be spending.

You mean the ‘firebreak’ ‘short lockdown’ was all a rouse? No, I don’t believe it. :lolol:

The government are actually fully delusional at this point if they genuinely believe they can control what people are going to do on Christmas Day, nearly everyone I’ve spoke to has said they will be spending it with family as usual, and who can blame people?

We’ve lost so f**king much this year already, we lost my nan this year who we traditionally spend Christmas with and I can categorically say if she was still alive I would be spending Christmas with her regardless of whether I’m told I’m allowed to or not by some prick in a suit in Westminster. Time is precious.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
You mean the ‘firebreak’ ‘short lockdown’ was all a rouse? No, I don’t believe it. :lolol:

The government are actually fully delusional at this point if they genuinely believe they can control what people are going to do on Christmas Day, nearly everyone I’ve spoke to has said they will be spending it with family as usual, and who can blame people?

We’ve lost so f**king much this year already, we lost my nan this year who we traditionally spend Christmas with and I can categorically say if she was still alive I would be spending Christmas with her regardless of whether I’m told I’m allowed to or not by some prick in a suit in Westminster. Time is precious.

I live alone. I will be driving up to Suffolk to spend Christmas with family whether it is allowed or not.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I'm going the other way on this one. I don't really care if the government say I legally can see my elderly relatives or not, i'm not going to do it. They'll get the vaccine soon enough and we'll do something special then

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
He doesn't have any integrity. Its people like him that have caused this second spike.

I'm going the other way on this one. I don't really care if the government say I legally can see my elderly relatives or not, i'm not going to do it. They'll get the vaccine soon enough and we'll do something special then

Will you spend Christmas alone in your house though or do you live with others?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Will you spend Christmas alone in your house though or do you live with others?

Live with others.

Just to be clear, not judging you on any different decision you choose to make. It's a tough choice for a lot of people.

I'm thinking along the lines of doing a xmas celebration sometime in Feb or whenever they get the jab

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Exactly how I felt in the 3 months I didn’t see my nan prior to her passing away for fear of giving her the virus whilst she was battling her treatable cancer which unfortunately became untreatable due to stopped treatment.

I’d give anything for those 3 months back now, time with elderly loved ones is so precious. And whilst I understand others will feel different, after what I’ve experienced that’s how I feel.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Exactly how I felt in the 3 months I didn’t see my nan prior to her passing away for fear of giving her the virus whilst she was battling her treatable cancer which unfortunately became untreatable due to stopped treatment.

I’d give anything for those 3 months back now, time with elderly loved ones is so precious. And whilst I understand others will feel different, after what I’ve experienced that’s how I feel.

And fair play to you mate.

We've all got thinking to do, risks to weigh and tough decisions to make.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Live with others.

Just to be clear, not judging you on any different decision you choose to make. It's a tough choice for a lot of people.

I'm thinking along the lines of doing a xmas celebration sometime in Feb or whenever they get the jab

It is quite safe for me to visit family at Christmas. I don’t leave the household in any position whereby I am exposed to others. I get my food delivered. I work from home. The family I am spending Christmas with are the same. Never leave the house.

There is zero risk for me to visit it them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

an interesting claim given wikipedia is, by law of the wikipedia gods, always second hand source. why not go to the primary sources cited? its true through in the early days there was little data, and standard healthcare data is always days to weeks out of date, takes time to collect, collate and pass through to analysts. even now we have at least a 2-3 day delay, as seen from drops every weekend (even in a crisis, NHS half-closes for the weekend).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It is quite safe for me to visit family at Christmas. I don’t leave the household in any position whereby I am exposed to others. I get my food delivered. I work from home. The family I am spending Christmas with are the same. Never leave the house.

There is zero risk for me to visit it them.

And personally I think it's better that individuals are left to make those calculations than governments mandate a particular set of behaviour, which won't be listened to, as very few trust the government

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
And personally I think it's better that individuals are left to make those calculations than governments mandate a particular set of behaviour, which won't be listened to, as very few trust the government

Absolutely. I do not need permission from the government to spend time with my family at Christmas.

Regardless of what legislation comes into play, hundreds of thousands of people will not comply (if not more).

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Probably already been posted but good news on T-cells, this is not only great news in terms of general population immunity but could be vital in any vaccine being viable as it implies any vaccine that provokes a T cell response will offer a degree of long term protection, well after antibodies naturally subside.

C8ACAD0D-1308-4754-9533-835351FFE2BD.jpeg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Absolutely. I do not need permission from the government to spend time with my family at Christmas.

Regardless of what legislation comes into play, hundreds of thousands of people will not comply (if not more).

and if that leads to new wave of infections, hospitalisation and deaths, thats on you. dont willy wave about non-compliance without accepting responsibility. we arent doing restrictions for giggles.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
and if that leads to new wave of infections, hospitalisation and deaths, thats on you. dont willy wave about non-compliance without accepting responsibility. we arent doing restrictions for giggles.

There is zero risk for me.

I work from home.
Food gets delivered.
I got out for walks at night.

The same applies for the family I am spending Christmas with. There is no risk whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here