Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Right, got you that's all good then. Possibly the phone app with everyone having B T on would solve transmission in public places like supermarkets.

More or less, but the app isn’t going live yet. It’ll be manual at first - you get symptoms, tested positive then you’ll be called and asked for details of everyone you came into contact with, and they’ll then get called and given the order to isolate. Once the app is live it’ll be more automated (and comprehensive assuming most people download it) as you say.....

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
More or less, but the app isn’t going live yet. It’ll be manual at first - you get symptoms, tested positive then you’ll be called and asked for details of everyone you came into contact with, and they’ll then get called and given the order to isolate. Once the app is live it’ll be more automated (and comprehensive assuming most people download it) as you say.....

All OK assuming you know the names of the people you have been in contact with. Bit more of a challenge for those on beaches etc.

Edit. Sorry, I see someone already made that point.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I believe they said they only need to trace people you’ve been in close contact with for over 15 minutes, so unless you stand nattering to a shop keeper or another shopper for ages, shops are unlikely to come into the equation.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I believe they said they only need to trace people you’ve been in close contact with for over 15 minutes, so unless you stand nattering to a shop keeper or another shopper for ages, shops are unlikely to come into the equation.

I don’t see how this works for key workers?

They must be in contact for prolonged periods of time a number of times a day.

Also, wasn’t the app meant to be in by June?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
After the Cummings affair and It being far too late in the day for T&T, with most people now acting as if it’s all over, very, very, very few people are going to comply with being told to self isolate. Especially if they have no symptoms. I certainly wouldn’t. I have no faith in government advice now and I have no intention of listening to them again. On this or any other aspect of the virus. They know **** all and care even less.
They can shove it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
After the Cummings affair and It being far too late in the day for T&T, with most people now acting as if it’s all over, very, very, very few people are going to comply with being told to self isolate. Especially if they have no symptoms. I certainly wouldn’t. I have no faith in government advice now and I have no intention of listening to them again. On this or any other aspect of the virus. They know **** all and care even less.
They can shove it.

What a moronic post, so let me get this straight - you get a call tomorrow and are told you’ve been in close contact with someone who has coronavirus and you’ll refuse to self isolate? Absolutely terrible.

Oh and they’ve already said if you’ve been in close contact with someone who has confirmed COVID you will be provided with a test and if the test is negative you can immediately stop self isolating, this tracing of contacts to stop spread, particularly in virus that can be asymptomatic is absolutely crucial, I’m staggered that even someone who despises the governent as you clearly do, would risk others lives just because you want to make a point. Political point scoring really does know no bounds does it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What a moronic post, so let me get this straight - you get a call tomorrow and are told you’ve been in close contact with someone who has coronavirus and you’ll refuse to self isolate? Absolutely terrible.

Oh and they’ve already said if you’ve been in close contact with someone who has confirmed COVID you will be provided with a test and if the test is negative you can immediately stop self isolating, this tracing of contacts to stop spread, particularly in virus that can be asymptomatic is absolutely crucial, I’m staggered that even someone who despises the governent as you clearly do, would risk others lives just because you want to make a point. Political point scoring really does know no bounds does it.

It’s a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad, mad world.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The witch hunt going on for anyone ‘breaking the rules’ at the moment is nothing short of disgraceful, this country has turned into a bunch of snivelling snitches and do gooders, this is even aside from politics, every day I seem to see people on my social media secretly taking pictures of the seafront or groups in parks, the social justice warriors are driving me up the wall now.

Karen on Facebook: OMG the beach is packed, bunch of idiots... second wave incoming!! My kids are not going back!!

Also Karen: At the beach taking pictures with her kids.

Strange
A Tory is accused of breaking the rules, another has unequivocally broken the rules and you post the above post.

Yet I post saying I wouldn’t self isolate and you accuse me of being a moron who would be endangering lives.

Not too clever, are you.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
They can shove it.

Aren't you a keyworker? Which is a bit worrying, if so.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Strange
A Tory is accused of breaking the rules, another has unequivocally broken the rules and you post the above post.

Yet I post saying I wouldn’t self isolate and you accuse me of being a moron who would be endangering lives.

Not too clever, are you.

Two wrongs don’t make a right, this isn’t childish point scoring exercise ‘Haha I’m going to break the rules because a Tory politician did’ by refusing the self isolate if that happens are putting innocent people’s lives at risk.

Your signature says it all, not even worth reasoning with you’re just full of vitriol and Brexit anger, if you want to go out and risk innocent lives in order to make a political point then I have no words.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
They can shove it.

I think this attitude is selfish really, and why I'd like to see it made a criminal offence for not complying, fines and repeated offences should punishable with custodial sentences.
I get that its one rule for them, and another for us, but hasn't it always been?
It wouldn't sit comfortably with me knowing I could put someone at serious risk, even if I was okay myself.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don’t get your knickers in a twist, darlings. I wouldn’t have a choice, couldn’t go into work if I was told not to. I don’t think? Not sure what the advice is for key workers? Just venting my frustration.
I seriously doubt the Tory’s are going to get the nation to listen to them again though and they have lost this track and trace before it’s begun. Nobody trusts them anymore.
So you can all relax.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Oh and they’ve already said if you’ve been in close contact with someone who has confirmed COVID you will be provided with a test and if the test is negative you can immediately stop self isolating, this tracing of contacts to stop spread

Just as a point of order - I don’t think this is true.

“If the test comes back positive, the NHS Test and Trace team or local public health teams will get in touch - via text, email or phone call - to discuss whom the person has come into close contact with and places they have visited.

Any of those contacts deemed at risk of catching the virus will be emailed or texted with instructions to go into isolation for 14 days, whether they are sick or not. They will be tested only if they develop symptoms. The rest of their household does not have to isolate, unless someone becomes ill.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52829357

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

“If the test comes back positive, the NHS Test and Trace team or local public health teams will get in touch - via text, email or phone call - to discuss whom the person has come into close contact with and places they have visited.

Any of those contacts deemed at risk of catching the virus will be emailed or texted with instructions to go into isolation for 14 days, whether they are sick or not. They will be tested only if they develop symptoms. The rest of their household does not have to isolate, unless someone becomes ill.”

Fair point, I will retract that then I’ve obviously misinterpreted that, although it’s really easy to get a test in Brighton at the moment and testing facilities over most of the country are empty.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm very happy to comply with manual Track and Trace but there is no way I'm having the Liar-Cummings App on my phone.

I'd even buy the cheapest burner phone possible to avoid it, and power down my usual phone for a few months if needed.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Surely those contacted and told to isolate for 14 days will just fairly quickly claim to have developed symptoms just to get a test to cut down their forced isolation should they test negative

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The UK has suffered the highest rate of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic among countries that produce comparable data, according to excess mortality figures.

https://www.ft.com/content/6b4c784e-c259-4ca4-9a82-648ffde71bf0

Analysis of data from 19 countries finds Britain hit hardest, ahead of US, Italy, Spain and Belgium

Blimey, imagine how bad it would have been if we didn't have a moat around us!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Quite sickening reading that 60000 people are normally diagnosed with cancer every 2 months, yet the rate is down by 75%, as a family member of mine is currently in the situation of their treatment being paused because of this, anyone who has any concerns seriously go get it checked! Cancer hasn’t disappeared.

2C15823A-8C71-4877-92C3-358FFCD07E4A.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here