Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
QUICK - The doomsters and gloomsters at the Guardian are running out of things to bash the government with. They are opening advertising for more bad news. Looney lefties and conspiracy theorists fill your boots.

bellends.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
QUICK - The doomsters and gloomsters at the Guardian are running out of things to bash the government with. They are opening advertising for more bad news. Looney lefties and conspiracy theorists fill your boots.

View attachment 122630
They are desperate to 'get back' at the government due to Brexit. You only have to look at Twitter to see how many frothing at the mouth critics of the government have an EU flag in their profile.

Don't get me wrong though, there are parts of this crisis that I believe the govt haven't handled at all well, but the time of reckoning will be once the dust settles whenever that may be.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The EU was founded by the desire to stop Europeans killing one another. It has been largely successful. But in current terms, I do not see it as you do, there is a huge swing from many countries, away from centralisation and homogeneity. Don't make the mistake that Brexit is an outlier. The EU's response to coronavirus has been nothing short of embarrassingly bad and they have acknowledged that with an apology. But the damage, particularly in Italy and Spain is done.
I have been told that one before, but yet to see any evidence for it. Irrespective of whether the EU survives or not, Europe is in decline. The key question is how that decline is halted, and I think you and I differ on that point.
The world is speeding up at the moment, and you'd have to have some incredible insight to indicate how it pans out in five years time, ten years, etc
I agree that Europe generally is in decline. However there is plenty of evidence for anti-EU sentiment. How it pans out is another question.
View attachment 122630
They are desperate to 'get back' at the government due to Brexit. You only have to look at Twitter to see how many frothing at the mouth critics of the government have an EU flag in their profile.
Don't get me wrong though, there are parts of this crisis that I believe the govt haven't handled at all well, but the time of reckoning will be once the dust settles whenever that may be.

Sorry to interrupt, but I believe you may have got lost and be looking for this :wink:

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?343854-The-Brexit-Thread

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Coming back on track. I've begun noticing a gradual increase in traffic both pedestrian and automobile over the past few days, especially since the announcement that we'd be in lock down for a further 3 weeks. Anyone else?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Coming back on track. I've begun noticing a gradual increase in traffic both pedestrian and automobile over the past few days, especially since the announcement that we'd be in lock down for a further 3 weeks. Anyone else?

Its seemed a bit busier out definitely

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
665 new announced deaths in England
15 Wales
77 Scotland
NI not accounced yet

Still in mid to high 700’s, RIP to all those lost :(

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Yes, I've just arrived back from weekly shopping - Definitely more people on the street here than last Wednesday, more traffic on the road and the biggest park here looked busier when passing it. I will be going for a walk, as I haven't had one for a couple of days, in a while too, so I'll see what that's like. I was even asked for 50p by someone for the first time in weeks too. Social distancing didn't seem to be taken as seriously by all in Morrison's as it has previously as well. On my road, some painters are further up it doing some outside work with their van parked up - first time I've seen that in lockdown too.

Bizarrely in the centre of Hastings a sign for a bike hire place has even appeared since last week. :shrug:

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes, I've just arrived back from weekly shopping - Definitely more people on the street here than last Wednesday, more traffic on the road and the biggest park here looked busier when passing it. I will be going for a walk, as I haven't had one for a couple of days, in a while too, so I'll see what that's like. I was even asked for 50p by someone for the first time in weeks too. Social distancing didn't seem to be taken as seriously by all in Morrison's as it has previously as well. On my road, some painters are further up it doing some outside work with their van parked up - first time I've seen that in lockdown too.

Bizarrely in the centre of Hastings a sign for a bike hire place has even appeared since last week. :shrug:

Not a single thought for those on the front line, risking their life. Just another 2-3 weeks to confirm we are past the worst of it, that's all.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, bit busier today but no less social distancing as a pedestrian.

Loads more cars out though, loads. The background traffic noise is back.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not a single thought for those on the front line, risking their life. Just another 2-3 weeks to confirm we are past the worst of it, that's all.

I don't get it either. I did my social distancing when out and it was mostly being observed, but Morrison's was disappointing in the shop itself and I'll only need to get a few bits from our local shop at the weekend before next Wednesday's shop, but there was also a queue of people for the normal check out in WH Smith here too in the shopping centre when I passed it, which has stayed open throughout because it's got the main Post Office in the store now. First time I've seen that as well. The last time I used public transport was the Saturday, the day after the pubs shut, 2 days before lock-down but there were more people at one of the main bus stops than I've seen in ages too when I walked past it too. If people are getting back on public transport again, that's going to potentially cause problems I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Does anyone think that because the death figures are reducing and numbers of new infections also going down despite higher testing now that, they thing we're past the peak I ain't got it so I can relax a little? Just a thought that may cross a few million people countrywide!!. Myself and my partner have stuck to the rules and yes it's boring and just not what we're used to doing and I would love to be able to go back to work, but we have no intention of just going out for anything other than essential food.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Extra press conference with the PM today in Sweden in 40 minutes.. quite curious. Hoping he is closing bars & restaurants, the "no lockdown" thing is nice but that part is turning out a bit dangerous..

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I don't get it either. I did my social distancing when out and it was mostly being observed, but Morrison's was disappointing in the shop itself and I'll only need to get a few bits from our local shop at the weekend before next Wednesday's shop, but there were a queue of people for the normal check out in WH Smith here too in the shopping centre when I passed it, which has stayed open throughout because it's got the main Post Office in the store now. First time I've seen that as well. The last time I used public transport was the Saturday, the day after the pubs shut, 2 days before lock-down but there were more people at one of the main bus stops than I've seen in ages too when I walked past it too. If people are getting back on public transport again, that's going to potentially cause problems I'm afraid.

Don’t think social distancing in super markets was ever really a thing TBH

It’s ok though, people have a tatty scarf over their mouths

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Don’t think social distancing in super markets was ever really a thing TBH

It’s ok though, people have a tatty scarf over their mouths

That's the thing. There's some people wearing gloves and a dirty scarf round their face with no concept of what 2 metres distance apart means. :facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I swear some people are wearing these things for attention.

As of today I may now be an owner of a mask myself, which I will not use unless if it ever becomes a requirement which I don't think it will, but yes I think there's some 'Oh look at me! I've got a matching surgical mask and gloves combo on AND I've got dentists glasses on too and you haven't, so get me!' going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here