Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He won’t, [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] continues to disregard [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]’s explicit instructions on posting political stuff elsewhere. Either arrogant or unable to comprehend what [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] made very clear.

Why did you reply spouting political b*llocks then? Hypocrite.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What a bizarre post! Where did I say they won't record a cause of death? I'm saying they won't be recorded as caused by the virus because they won't have been tested. So the deaths will most likely be recorded as pneumonia, as there will no evidence they were infected with the virus. Probably why they are reluctant to roll-out testing.

If they die of pneumonia then they will likely be tested to see if corona virus was present. I would suggest if there are any pre mortem symptoms associated with corona then they'll either be tested or it will be recorded regardless as linked to covid-19.

There may be a few that slip through but I probably not many.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If they die of pneumonia then they will likely be tested to see if corona virus was present. I would suggest if there are any pre mortem symptoms associated with corona then they'll either be tested or it will be recorded regardless as linked to covid-19.

Yep. Understanding the data is imperitive and there is no way the govt won't account for corona if it is there.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Hmm. Not sure about that. As I say, at the moment they are only testing people admitted to hospital. If people die at home before they reach hospital, they won't have been tested. This could be significant if we ever get to the stage where they have to refuse to admit people who are unlikely to survive.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I don't mean this in a sarky way, but those people taking 'comfort' from a drop in certain numbers. How do you square that with the news of fukken huge aircraft hangar style temporary hospitals going up? That right puts the willies up me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't mean this in a sarky way, but those people taking 'comfort' from a drop in certain numbers. How do you square that with the news of fukken huge aircraft hangar style temporary hospitals going up? That right puts the willies up me.

Preparing for the worst. If the tsunami they are expecting hits, they’ll need NHS Nightingale.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

I can understand that, but from my perspective I’m looking at this as in small ‘improvements’ in total cases now will make a big difference to how many people we lose down the line, it’s a small mercy but to see the new cases not Sky rocket again is a minor positive, in what is obviously a dreadful situation.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out of interest, why do you assume there will be large numbers dying at home? Also, why do you assume they won't be recorded as C-19 related deaths? A death needs to be certified and it is unlikely that people die without their symptoms having been recorded. Also, as they deteriorate, they will get admitted to hospital.
That last bit might be a tad hopeful.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What a bizarre post! Where did I say they won't record a cause of death? I'm saying they won't be recorded as caused by the virus because they won't have been tested. So the deaths will most likely be recorded as pneumonia, as there will no evidence they were infected with the virus.
In many (if not all, I'm not an expert on the law regarding deaths) cases of people dying at home, especially alone and/or dying quite rapidly from the on-set of an illness, there will be a post-mortem to establish the cause of death. I imagine that at the present time one of the first things they'll be checking (unless the person was shot, or stabbed or something) will be for Covid-19.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
. 20200328_203248.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Get off your high horse.

All I am hearing from NHS workers is criticism about our preparation for this. Having seen China, then Italy and Spain, our government have been sitting on their hands for weeks. It’s not good enough.

we saw last week Italy receive shipments of ventilators from Russia, while people filled the corridors coughing with only masks to protect anyone. Sweden seems to be taking a Viking fatalist approach. Australia continued with elections today. no one is prepared for this event.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
we saw last week Italy receive shipments of ventilators from Russia, while people filled the corridors coughing with only masks to protect anyone. Sweden seems to be taking a Viking fatalist approach. Australia continued with elections today. no one is prepared for this event.

South Korea?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I meant that when they have reported minor symptoms and then deteriorate to where they need medical care, not when they are the end 'palliative' stage.
That's when I meant too. Triaging may have to decide who to help by admitting them to hospital and who will be left to die.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In many (if not all, I'm not an expert on the law regarding deaths) cases of people dying at home, especially alone and/or dying quite rapidly from the on-set of an illness, there will be a post-mortem to establish the cause of death. I imagine that at the present time one of the first things they'll be checking (unless the person was shot, or stabbed or something) will be for Covid-19.

If the deceased weren’t tested for COVID-19, we’d soon find about it from disenchanted NHS pathologists and epidemiologists. Politicians and investigative journalists in our open democracy would be over that like a rash.

Russia with it’s single death are playing the cover up game.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here