Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Isn't it funny that when shit comes to shove it turns out these high flyer wankers in offices mean nothing and it's the NHS staff, carers, delivery drivers, teachers, cleaners, supermarket workers whose jobs actually matter!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

As a low-flying wanker in an office, all I can say is true. A lot of these jobs were being classified as 'unskilled' by the goverment a few weeks ago. Now they are depending on them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Coronavirus / Covid-19

That is because if under 60 you have a 1% chance of dying from it and sadly a lot of people will think, I will be fine fck everyone else and still go out and not let their life be impacted. There are quite a few people like that in the uk

Isn’t there just. Yet these numbnuts forget they can infect their older relatives.

This is why a forced lockdown is required. Unfortunately can’t rely on joe public to do the right thing.

Literally just seen a guy asking on another thread if it’s alright to go to the pub when you’re social distancing. Couldn’t make it up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Isn't it funny that when shit comes to shove it turns out these high flyer wankers in offices mean nothing and it's the NHS staff, carers, delivery drivers, teachers, cleaners, supermarket workers whose jobs actually matter!

My wife is in the NHS and her wages are paid for but a lot of high flying wankers in offices making the country a lot of money!!!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We are in absolutely no way relatable to Italy whatsoever. We will have similar overall infections for sure, but this thing completely blindsided them due to the virus spreading unchecked for quite some time.

France, Spain and Germany are the ones to look at.

Spain doing its best to catch up with Italy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’d agree with you.........as one of the HFWs in an office (wouldn’t classify myself as that but others probably would). I’ve been saying for years that it’s all a bit obscene really. We even pay our graduate (half of whom contribute **** all - and that’s the good ones) about double what a qualified nurse gets paid within a couple of years of starting. Only saving grace is the amount of tax the the HFW community pay........the work itself, especially at times like this, can be shown up for the lack of importance it really has in the great scheme of things

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
How is the local supermarket out of basically everything?

Ok, so people have panic bought toilet roles, pasta and rice. And all the cereal. But how come all the fresh produce has gone too? People can't store it all, so what's happened?

Plenty of The Guardian left though....

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
On the news at 10 they said the food stocks in Italy are fine and supermarkets have had no issues with supply. That's because the Italian public understand that panic buying makes a bad situation worse. Well done them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Time to watch one of those Brian Cox progs about space and time.

The mind boggling numbers emphasise our individual insignificance in the grand scheme of 'time' so we need to simply get on with it.

I hear post-war stories, we need to stop being selfish regarding stockpiling and just get on with it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
On the news at 10 they said the food stocks in Italy are fine and supermarkets have had no issues with supply. That's because the Italian public understand that panic buying makes a bad situation worse. Well done them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Once everyone gets locked up in the rest of the world and people see that its still possible to go buy some food etc, I think the panic buying will end abruptly.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Getting bombarded with videos people are sending me off facebook with randoms talking about mates in the forces etc etc that boris will announce at 5pm tomorrow that nobody can leave their homes for 15 days.
No wonder the idiots are running amok in the supermarkets cos these people actually believe this rubbish

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Ok, so people have panic bought toilet roles, pasta and rice. And all the cereal. But how come all the fresh produce has gone too? People can't store it all, so what's happened?
Exactly the same here in Findon Valley, as I posted on the Panic Buying thread.

I had previously taken heart in all the veg being available in abundance, figuring that it was too much effort for the panic-buyers to cook from scratch. I guess with freezers selling out everywhere too, there could be some people batch cooking and freezing.
Even the flour was sold out in my nearest Asda and Tesco Express down the road. Is it really that bad that people are having to bake their own bread?!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Freezers in garages.

Because my son has special dietary needs and cannot eat a whole host of stuff, things like chicken and fish are vital for him, I have spent last couple of days trying to find a chest freezer, literally hours trawling dead ends, all major retailers, 100's of smaller and it's now the same as hand sanitizer, all models sold out absolutely everywhere, got to page 37 on Google of small independents in high streets around UK. Nothing..... Until tonight, one model has appeared in Curry's. Just one, everything else sold out, Guess this will be gone within hours to.

If you want a freezer for the garage, this is the last Turkey in the shop as of today.
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/refrigeration/freezers/haier-hce319r-chest-freezer-white-10198975-pdt.html

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
260m to 600m people worldwide every year kill people each year from seasonal flu with a vaccine. Covid 19 has taken 9000 far.

That is without a vaccine which will be here by next winter. It is a very weak strain and will be killed.

The reason for the panic is governments and nations are just winging it as they have no clue so are taking absolute worst case scenarios

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here