Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
89356208_10156734528607714_5093767866583351296_n (1).jpg

That makes me feel so much better - a lot of folk reckon Trump is an atheist but he always plays the religion card to get the support of his evangelical base

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Does anyone else think that Bojo the Clown was presented with a number of options but has chosen the wrong one? (Flattening the curve by exposing the UK to the virus early and attaining 60% herd immunity for next year)?

I can’t help thinking of a hunched man obsessed with Churchill and his ‘Coventry’ decision where hundreds died because Winston chose ‘keeping the Enigma code secret’ over human life. He didn’t tell the people of Coventry they were about to be bombed because he knew better, so many died. He was drunk and unfit for office for most of WW2. Was he right?

I will never ever except this ‘get behind the government’ scream as a default, I think that they are god-awful and need calling out at every opportunity. Boris has tried to rid himself of responsibility but I’ll hold him personally to account for every death that a well run country such as Germany has saved against our pitiful and horrific total. He is sending our older generation to the slaughter for his herd immunity when Hong Kong will have less than 200 cases and protect everyone next year with a vaccine. 80% is a target not a worst case scenario and all those 3,000 Spaniards coughing Covid-19 all over his hated Liverpool bear witness to that.

You really are a complete fool! The theory of evolution obviously missed you out.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If Johnson announced the sky was blue I would have a problem believing the utter buffoon. Herd immunity only really works if the majority of people are already vaccinated.

The authorities told those unfortunate people to stay inside their flats at Grenfell. Believe nothing this Tory shower tell you, profit before people.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
It's not possible HR, no country has such a death rate Vs infection rate. The Germans are fiddling or misrepresenting the true numbers

They also have FIVE times more critical care beds per head than we do.

Their capacity to get their people through this is potentially five times better than ours

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daughter is telling me in her hospital they have been ordered to discharge all patients that don’t require IV or oxygen. Management are starting with those who have no families (so no complaints will arise presumably). She’s terrified of the consequences - these are mostly fragile, confused, 80+ dementia sufferers and similar they are being told to send home.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Daughter is telling me in her hospital they have been ordered to discharge all patients that don’t require IV or oxygen. Management are starting with those who have no families (so no complaints will arise presumably). She’s terrified of the consequences - these are mostly fragile, confused, 80+ dementia sufferers and similar they are being told to send home.

Sadly dementia sufferers should not be in hospitals. They should be in rest homes but successive governments have let to many of these close or made the costs so restrictive many are unable to afford it.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
If Johnson announced the sky was blue I would have a problem believing the utter buffoon. Herd immunity only really works if the majority of people are already vaccinated.

The authorities told those unfortunate people to stay inside their flats at Grenfell. Believe nothing this Tory shower tell you, profit before people.

What a strange thing to link to this outbreak.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My misses spent 50 quid of her OWN money buying things for a patient that has nothing, being sent home on Monday

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Sh*t

It’s starting.......

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
11 deaths , 8 cases Brighton , less than 5 West Sussex and that’s well over a million people

Media still in over drive .

It’s a mild flu that really shouldn’t concern the healthy . The vulnerable should be careful and sensible but the hysteria is quite remarkable

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Coronavirus / Covid-19

11 deaths , 8 cases Brighton , less than 5 West Sussex and that’s well over a million people

Media still in over drive .

It’s a mild flu that really shouldn’t concern the healthy . The vulnerable should be careful and sensible but the hysteria is quite remarkable

I know what is remarkable

Your trolling or your stupidity or both

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here