Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
According to a scientist on R5L this morning there is now “tension” between the scientific community who are recommending taking preventive action now and the government who want to defer for time being.

He reckoned that the scientists are biting their tongues for now to present a united front but that if no action is being taken by the end of the week that they will start to break rank.

It seems that the gov’t are more concerned with £ than the population.

While I take your point, scientists are clearly not biting their tongues until next week if scientists are on the radio telling us about it. I mean, I don’t delight in pointing out the obvious but...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If you do PM and I'll send you links to what is stated is coronavirus dosage so you can see yourself. It says 400/100 twice per day for 2 weeks. 400/100 is 2 tablets of 200/50. So 4 tablets per day for 2 weeks = 56 for one person. 1 bottle has 60.

Thanks for that, I'll have a chat with my Dad over the weekend.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I mean. I know it’s coming

But very many more people will die - other countries seem to give more of a sh*t than our lot.
I’m trying not to get political but maybe this will be a wake up call for a lot of voters?

But on the BBC link [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] shared we have the Deputy Chief Medical Officer (no less) who, I would surmise, knows more than me and you put together, saying exactly what the government are saying.

It's rare I stick up for Boris but I'm actually glad it's him. He won't have bargained for any of this. Cummings will have promised him a year of Shouting At Belgians followed by a period of playing the man of the people, whatever the outcome. Now he's so far out of his depth his only choice will be to listen to the scientists around him including, one assumes, the Deputy Chief Medical Officer (and probably the actual CMO as well).

We'll never know, and I don't particularly want to politicise this either, but would Corbyn have been just stubborn and intellectually superior enough to think he could handle it all?

If Boris and the scientists start getting at each other's throats I will be genuinely scared. That's not happening at the moment.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
viruses are entirely normal, they existed before god made us

If viruses were here before we were, what did they use to replicate ? Only asking like ...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh darn holiday booked for Sicily, supposed to be leaving 4th April, not sure what to do, as the measures are currently in force until the 3rd of April, so I am not sure we can officially apply to cancel or get refunds yet.

Who will be the first NSC user to contract the virus I wonder...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I just hope if and when it is suspended we are not in the bottom three....

I don't believe that is what would happen, either it's suspended indefinitely and will be resumed in the summer ... or it is chalked off. If the season is ended 'as is', I think the leagues would be sued by every team that are promoted/relegated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'Say nothing
Do nothing
See how the world looks in 2 weeks time'.

Has so far been the most effective strategy of Boris' tenure as PM.

I for one don't have a problem with that, even accepting the simple fact that he only has to get it wrong once and we're all screwed.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Personally I think that attending football matches from now on would be madness.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I mean. I know it’s coming

But very many more people will die - other countries seem to give more of a sh*t than our lot.
I’m trying not to get political but maybe this will be a wake up call for a lot of voters?

Different countries deal with it in different ways and while locking up every person in every city in every country would probably be the most efficient, it comes with lot of costs that are not only economical. Being more or less isolated for a month or so is something a lot of people would issues dealing with, it would easily cost lives as well. Doing too much could be as bad as doing too little.

That said, fascinating to watch the politicans of the world dealing with a real situation compared to the usual pie throwing competition where the winner gets the privilege to give more money to the rich.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nottingham Forest owner has said that he has been diagnosed with the Virus.

This surely is the first step towards the suspension of all football.

He was in the crowd at last Friday's game v Millwall and also met players and staff. Not sure how Forest's next match can go ahead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here