Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am more positive than you about the possible scenarios in the UK and Europe and how this can be dealt with but there is obviously cause to be concerned.

And if that is not enough, this tweet sums up the toll this virus is having on individuals and families in Italy (an no doubt across Europe soon):

[Tweet]1237325865731719169[/tweet]

I didn't post my response to the question about "how many deaths make this a disaster?" question because, of course, the answer is that each one is.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Am I the only thinking that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] needs to chill the **** out?

Time to self isolate and get a grip man.

There’s probably people reading your depressing ‘factually’ based predictions, who you’re simply frightening - why? For me, you’re just coming across as being a google know all.

I, as someone, who suffered badly with a random bout of pneumonia in my early 30s in spite of having zero health issues should be terrified, very nearly dead, or soon to be dead by your logic... but guess what?!? I’m not and nor is this going to ****ing stop me. It didn’t last time, it will not this.

Be careful with scaremongering, it’s needy and pathetic.

Just get on with it, I think you’ve made your point ... again, again and again.

If you’re right, I guess, then I’ll see you in hell.

I’ll say no more.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I am more positive than you about the possible scenarios in the UK and Europe and how this can be dealt with but there is obviously cause to be concerned.

And if that is not enough, this tweet sums up the toll this virus is having on individuals and families in Italy (an no doubt across Europe soon):

[Tweet]1237325865731719169[/tweet]

That is tragic........... its no substitute, but at least we live in age of video messaging. Not the same, I know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Particularly interested in this comment. More mixed messaging?

Dr Harries said cancelling big outdoor events like football matches would not necessarily be a decision supported by science.
"The virus will not survive very long outside," she said. "Many outdoor events, particularly, are relatively safe."

So - this week there is a schools dance performance on every day at The Dome. My daughter is in the one tomorrow. The Dome full up with kids from literally every school in the area, sneezing, picking things and licking each other. Indoors. Not called off.

Yet football matches, marathons etc in the balance.

Am I the only person who thinks this is strange?

Licking each other? Eeeeew.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not sure if discussed elsewhere, but is anyone considering giving Saturday's game a miss?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Am I the only thinking that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] needs to chill the **** out?

Time to self isolate and get a grip man.

There’s probably people reading your depressing ‘factually’ based predictions, who you’re simply frightening - why? For me, you’re just coming across as being a google know all.

I, as someone, who suffered badly with a random bout of pneumonia in my early 30s in spite of having zero health issues should be terrified, very nearly dead, or soon to be dead by your logic... but guess what?!? I’m not and nor is this going to ****ing stop me. It didn’t last time, it will not this.

Be careful with scaremongering, it’s needy and pathetic.

Just get on with it, I think you’ve made your point ... again, again and again.

If you’re right, I guess, then I’ll see you in hell.

I’ll say no more.

You're absolutely right, I do, and I know that myself.

My concern is the #FussAboutNothing crew are as dangerous as the bog roll and pasta massive.

Time to close the laptop and go for a run and get some fresh air.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
All very valid points but the highlighted point is possibly THE most important one. It's a very difficult question to ask of government because the answer might be genuinely terrifying, but, PMQ's tomorrow someone needs to ask " How many patients do we currently have in beds being given artificial respiration and, how many spare beds capable of artificial respiration are available in the UK ?"

Then extrapolate the figures for the 15% that will need artificial respiration for a period / the amount of the population who may have Covid-19 at any one time over the next 3 months.

A truthful answer would be very terrifying and would bring panic and total alarm which would only make matters much worse. There is just not enough resource for this virus anywhere and we will just have to make do the best we can. Perhaps the most at risk are the health professionals who will likely end up treating the sick with inadequate safeguards. We will owe them so much.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure if discussed elsewhere, but is anyone considering giving Saturday's game a miss?

No. Definitely not.

I already have my outfit ready.

s-l640.jpg

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You're absolutely right, I do, and I know that myself.

My concern is the #FussAboutNothing crew are as dangerous as the bog roll and pasta massive.

Time to close the laptop and go for a run and get some fresh air.

Obsessions lead to nowhere good.

Runs do!

Whatever will be, will be. None of us is at fault here, we can now only do our best but we must remain positive, even in the face of death and grim times we must rise above it... that’s what makes us great (humanity) and even if I should fall, well, plenty will live to see a new dawn.

But I won’t fall, no, not to this. Not now. Of that I’m sure.

Peace out x

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No. Definitely not.

I already have my outfit ready.

s-l640.jpg
I hope it's soundproof.

The ESL has had just about enough of you and your need to make some noise during 'quiet time'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
All very valid points but the highlighted point is possibly THE most important one. It's a very difficult question to ask of government because the answer might be genuinely terrifying, but, PMQ's tomorrow someone needs to ask " How many patients do we currently have in beds being given artificial respiration and, how many spare beds capable of artificial respiration are available in the UK ?"

Then extrapolate the figures for the 15% that will need artificial respiration for a period / the amount of the population who may have Covid-19 at any one time over the next 3 months.

My wife runs an ITU/HDU ward and I'm pretty sure there is literally no spare capacity at any time. However, there may be clinical decisions that move some people on to other words on a needs basis. Used to be a case that things eased off during the summer but not so much now. We also don't fund enough beds, for example, in Germany there are 31.8 ICU beds per 1000 of the population compared to 7.5 in the UK (reported in 2014). There is a difference in classification of ICU between the two countries but it is still clearly a massive difference but then you get what you pay for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here