Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In the grand scheme of things, it wouldn’t break the bank if we gave everyone £100 for every jab they have. Wouldn’t that be more effective?

Not a bad idea, it wouldnt bring everyone to vaccinate themselves but certainly some. I'd very much consider getting jabbed if I was offered that kind of money.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

Why would anyone choose to present data like this on a logarithmic scale? What this graph actually tells us is that whilst cases in South Africa are currently around 20% beyond their previous peak, hospitalisations are currently around a fifth of that peak.

Now of course there’s a lag, and it will be more backloaded with Omicron as it’s spreading so much faster, but let’s not try and present data in misleading ways to suit an agenda - that’s a proper politicians trick that, and I don’t much like politicians at the minute. For fairness, here’s that same graph on a linear scale:

82F5E297-98C0-4EA7-BD87-451469A1849A.jpeg

Not a brilliant looking trajectory I grant you, but nothing like the picture presented above. Additionally, we are still seeing a substantially lower case to admission / death rate, in a country where only around a quarter of the population has been ‘fully’ vaccinated, and presumably no one has had a booster. I’ll repeat myself, be sensible, be cautious, but don’t panic just yet.

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Hang on a minute, we didn't even get paid for the clinical trials in this country (unlike the Americans on the same trial).

I did give you a few thumbs at the time, but thank you again! At the time, I imagined everyone would be chomping at the bit to be vaccinated once it was approved. People were even paying to jump the queue.

Not a bad idea, it wouldnt bring everyone to vaccinate themselves but certainly some. I'd very much consider getting jabbed if I was offered that kind of money.

As long as you don't have to pay for an isolation hotel on your return!

I really don't know what the answer is, but a compulsory vaccination program won't work, and passports create their own problems.

Didn't Greece announce they were going to pay for jabs? Surely this would eventually be offset by reduced NHS costs?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Over 88,000 cases today, and that doesn't even include reinfections!

:ohmy:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:nono::nono::nono:

The UK's first omicron victim was a teetotal man in his early 70s who refused to get vaccinated, his stepson has claimed.

The unnamed patient reportedly passed away on Monday in a Northampton hospital after falling ill with Covid-19 at the beginning of this month.

His stepson, named as John, told LBC that his stepfather believed theories that the pandemic was a conspiracy and had refused to get vaccinated against the virus.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

The UK's first omicron victim was a teetotal man in his early 70s who refused to get vaccinated, his stepson has claimed.

The unnamed patient reportedly passed away on Monday in a Northampton hospital after falling ill with Covid-19 at the beginning of this month.

His stepson, named as John, told LBC that his stepfather believed theories that the pandemic was a conspiracy and had refused to get vaccinated against the virus.

Hahaha of course.

Not a shock is it?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why would anyone choose to present data like this on a logarithmic scale? What this graph actually tells us is that whilst cases in South Africa are currently around 20% beyond their previous peak, hospitalisations are currently around a fifth of that peak.

Now of course there’s a lag, and it will be more backloaded with Omicron as it’s spreading so much faster, but let’s not try and present data in misleading ways to suit an agenda - that’s a proper politicians trick that, and I don’t much like politicians at the minute. For fairness, here’s that same graph on a linear scale:

View attachment 142840

Not a brilliant looking trajectory I grant you, but nothing like the picture presented above. Additionally, we are still seeing a substantially lower case to admission / death rate, in a country where only around a quarter of the population has been ‘fully’ vaccinated, and presumably no one has had a booster. I’ll repeat myself, be sensible, be cautious, but don’t panic just yet.

Also, is it still a high numbers of incidental?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Charles Darwin likes this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here