Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Here are the numbers of people with confirmed Covid-19 on mechanical ventilation over the past month, similar acceleration in the number of people in hospital too. Are these false positives?

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/healthcare

datecovidOccupiedMVBeds
2020-09-25262
2020-09-24243
2020-09-23228
2020-09-22211
2020-09-21181
2020-09-20162
2020-09-19141
2020-09-18138
2020-09-17127
2020-09-16124
2020-09-15115
2020-09-14105
2020-09-1391
2020-09-1285
2020-09-1177
2020-09-1078
2020-09-0980
2020-09-0880
2020-09-0777
2020-09-0669
2020-09-0565
2020-09-0469
2020-09-0376
2020-09-0281
2020-09-0182
2020-08-3169
2020-08-3066
2020-08-2964
2020-08-2860
2020-08-2771
2020-08-2664

You’ve actually completely ignored my post and it’s questions and posted something unrelated. And to think Guinness Boy accuses conspiracists of answering questions with questions. Seems his gang are rather good at that too.

People have been on ventilators since the start and are going to be on them for many years to come btw.

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
You’ve actually completely ignored my post and it’s questions and posted something completely unrelated. And to think Guinness Boy accuses conspiracists of answering questions with questions. Seems his gang are rather good at that too.

People have been on ventilators since the start and are going to be on them for many years to come btw.

The question of false positives has been covered ad nauseum for a number of days now.

Ultimately deaths, serious hospitalisations and then hospitalisations matter most; I think you would agree?

Serious hospitalisations and hospitalisations are increasingly exponentially at the moment and have been for most of this month.

The false positive thing is therfore ultimately irrelevant (not that I agree with it anyway...) when the number of true postive cases is undeniably increasing resulting in exponentially increasing serious cases.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The question of false positives has been covered ad nauseum for a number of days now.

Ultimately deaths, serious hospitalisations and then hospitalisations matter most; I think you would agree?

Serious hospitalisations and hospitalisations are increasingly exponentially at the moment and have been for most of this month.

The false positive thing is therfore ultimately irrelevant (not that I agree with it anyway...) when the number of true postive cases is undeniably increasing resulting in exponentially increasing serious cases.

I actually agree the most important measure is hospitalisation and death and but test cases are being used by the government as the justification for rules that make very little sense and removal of civil liberty. Death rates across Europe still suggest that far fewer people are actually dying of this despite increased cases.

Out of Interest how long do you propose we continue a strategy of keeping huge parts of society on hold for if this thing is with us for several years?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Very interesting breakdown on the effect of the false positive test rate on the trend information Government are presenting. Would love to hear thoughts from those that believe the stats government are using are true. Is this guy wrong? Genuinely interested to hear the counter argument.

no you arent, we've gone over this false positive issue (whole population vs self selecting symptomatic group) a couple of times. you just want to push the conspiracy agenda.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
no you arent, we've gone over this false positive issue (whole population vs self selecting symptomatic group) a couple of times. you just want to push the conspiracy agenda.

This. Think it's reasons like this that the ignore function was invented. He comes across as someone who'd look into the mirror and have an argument with himself. This conspiracy theory nonsense, is just that, nonsense. If he's gullable enough to fall for it, let him.

There's no helping some people, they'll believe what they want to believe when it suits their own agenda. This type of behaviour is dangerous.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’m sorry PB21, hospitalisations are not increasing exponentially and nor are deaths. Don’t misinform people. Increasing, yes. Exponentially or at a similar rate to cases? Absolutely not.

There are currently 1600 people in hospital in England, this is a similar number to mid July, at peak we had 17000 people in hospitals in England. During the original wave the numbers of people in hospital with COVID were doubling every 3 days before they stabilised at around 15k plus for over 3 weeks before gradually reducing, the rate of increase now is too early to tell but it looks like between 8-10 days.

Deaths are similar, to say exponential increase is totally and utterly false, during the original wave we had many days of 1000+ deaths, yesterday 30 were announced.

Ventilation patients are also increasing but again there are currently 223 patients in ventilated beds, which again looks like doubling every 8-10 days, at the peak there was 2900 patients in ventilated beds in England. The rate of doubling during the original wave was between 3-4 days.

Numbers are increasing that much cannot be denied, but nowhere near or anything like the original wave and the total infection even at 6000 per day is not even anywhere near close to the first wave.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This. Think it's reasons like this that the ignore function was invented. He comes across as someone who'd look into the mirror and have an argument with himself. This conspiracy theory nonsense, is just that, nonsense. If he's gullable enough to fall for it, let him.

There's no helping some people, they'll believe what they want to believe when it suits their own agenda. This type of behaviour is dangerous.

5adae6ba3880a3ab16baeb07873ecafb.jpg

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I find the thinking that someone knows the real truth and everyone else is fooled by the MSM really quite insultive.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More or less insulting than being called a tinfoil hat wearing flat earth lunatic?

its unfair to call anyone a flat earther if they are not. anyone who does believe the earth is flat is well deserving of any ridicule and derision.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A glimmer of hope, thank goodness.

Let’s hope Boris is gone soon and that he takes Hancock and Cummings with him. (Assuming it’s not just “meet the new boss, same as the old boss”)

Really interesting everyone else has completely ignored that post as it shows that many (possibly even the majority) MPs actually agree with what I’ve been arguing about liberty risk and the anti conspiracy brigade have been telling me I’m delusional and nothing to worry about. [emoji23]. It’s ok though I know how hard it is to admit you were wrong.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
its unfair to call anyone a flat earther if they are not. anyone who does believe the earth is flat is well deserving of any ridicule and derision.

I reckon they pretend to believe that for a laugh so the joke is on the rest of us.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think the NSC Covid sub forum lives rent free in Albion Dan’s head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] got nothing better to say so you’ve literally copied what I’ve said to you and sent it back to me. How school playground. And it’s you that literally follows up almost everything a few of us say. Only one person letting their head out rent free round here my friend.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I haven’t seen anyone say the whole thing is a hoax or caused by 5G yet :lolol:

Anyone with a different opinion than the norm nowadays seems to be labelled a conspiracy theorist or a tin foil hat wearer. Just like people who are worried aren’t snowflakes or bedwetters, stop labelling people and be more tolerant of other views.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] got nothing better to say so you’ve literally copied what I’ve said to you and sent it back to me. How school playground. And it’s you that literally follows up almost everything a few of us say. Only one person letting their head out rent free round here my friend.

Sorry, of course there’s a good reason why you’ve spent the whole day racking up over 20 posts on this sub forum. I expect you’re bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I’m sorry PB21, hospitalisations are not increasing exponentially and nor are deaths. Don’t misinform people. Increasing, yes. Exponentially or at a similar rate to cases? Absolutely not.

There are currently 1600 people in hospital in England, this is a similar number to mid July, at peak we had 17000 people in hospitals in England. During the original wave the numbers of people in hospital with COVID were doubling every 3 days before they stabilised at around 15k plus for over 3 weeks before gradually reducing, the rate of increase now is too early to tell but it looks like between 8-10 days.

Deaths are similar, to say exponential increase is totally and utterly false, during the original wave we had many days of 1000+ deaths, yesterday 30 were announced.

Ventilation patients are also increasing but again there are currently 223 patients in ventilated beds, which again looks like doubling every 8-10 days, at the peak there was 2900 patients in ventilated beds in England. The rate of doubling during the original wave was between 3-4 days.

Numbers are increasing that much cannot be denied, but nowhere near or anything like the original wave and the total infection even at 6000 per day is not even anywhere near close to the first wave.

I provided a link to the data and I understand this shows that the number of confirmed COVID-19 patients in hospital and the number of confirmed COVID-19 patients in mechanical ventilation increasing exponentially.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/healthcare

The chart below show the number of confirmed COVID-19 patients in hospital (orange) and the number of confirmed COVID-19 patients in mechanical ventilation (blue) over the past month. Since around 13th September both lines are pretty straight, note the y-axis scale, i.e. indicative of exponential growth. I didn't say anything about deaths, or that these numbers were anything like the original wave, so don't go putting words in my mouth!

2.png

Edit: you say "hospitalisations are not increasing exponentially" but also say the "rate of increase [presumably doubling?] now is too early to tell but it looks like between 8-10 days", which is rather contradictory?!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here