Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think the people will revolt in this country if there is another lockdown, I certainly will. Unless there is vaccine very close any lockdown will be total ruin for the country and many others, i said it on another thread, but masks outdoors, curfews or a second total lockdown are where I will draw my limit. And I say this as someone that has followed the rules since day one of this nonsense.

I’m already absolutely appalled that they aren’t making children exempt from the rules to meet in more than groups of 6, absolutely outrageous.

88467c805f39c3ea3fe57f7b2a0cfc76.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Only in the sense I previously mentioned: it would be interesting to see the public reaction (and possible consequences) if the Russian vaccine was suddenly seen as the best thing since the creation of dogs. How would people ract to - perhaps mandatory - injections of "Sputnik V" after getting told throughout their lives that Russia is bad and evil?

dont think the public would care. a russian vaccine would be put through our trails and regulation, to show efficacy and safety before being used either way.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I’m saying why didn’t anyone really know or change any part of their life and why didn’t we trash our economy when huge numbers of people were dying because of flu?

Well argued. We should have a government forced lockdown every winter involving not being able to meet in large groups and having to were masks.

Thank you for your leadership in this debate.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think the people will revolt in this country if there is another lockdown, I certainly will. Unless there is vaccine very close any lockdown will be total ruin for the country and many others, i said it on another thread, but masks outdoors, curfews or a second total lockdown are where I will draw my limit. And I say this as someone that has followed the rules since day one of this nonsense.

I’m already absolutely appalled that they aren’t making children exempt from the rules to meet in more than groups of 6, absolutely outrageous.

I'm guessing children are included as the kids have just gone back to school and no-one really knows how that is going to pan out yet.
Maybe if the statistics show there is no uptick due to kids going back to school then the regs can be relaxed after October half term.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
For the 1005th time Covid-19 is not the Flu. It is much more infectious and has a higher chance of hospitalisation and death. If you are going on about previous flu deaths and why there was no lockdown then you are basically giving evidence for precautions being taken now.

Generally I leave conspiracy theorists to it as they are annoying but harmless in the grand scheme of things but at the moment you are sowing the seeds of doubt into people's heads about doing the right thing and protecting others at the moment. That could cost lives and mid term do more harm to the economy because the disease won't be under control and restrictions will be in place longer than need be.

For the first time ever I am starting to block posters. I am not giving any of you an audience anymore.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I think the shit isn’t far off hitting the fan on the schools front all the while the government can’t get the testing situation sorted.

I know there are a few schools locally where attendance was down quite a bit today. Parents are isolating their children who are showing symptoms but cannot get tests for them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think the shit isn’t far off hitting the fan on the schools front all the while the government can’t get the testing situation sorted.

I know there are a few schools locally where attendance was down quite a bit today. Parents are isolating their children who are showing symptoms but cannot get tests for them.

fear the real problem is they probably arent showing covid symptoms, have a bit of cold with cough, and parents being over cautious. then so many more will ask for tests, overwhelming the capacity. too much time spining rule of 6 rather than giving clear guidance on what are and arent symptoms.

Yoda

English & European
For the 1005th time Covid-19 is not the Flu. It is much more infectious and has a higher chance of hospitalisation and death. If you are going on about previous flu deaths and why there was no lockdown then you are basically giving evidence for precautions being taken now.

Generally I leave conspiracy theorists to it as they are annoying but harmless in the grand scheme of things but at the moment you are sowing the seeds of doubt into people's heads about doing the right thing and protecting others at the moment. That could cost lives and mid term do more harm to the economy because the disease won't be under control and restrictions will be in place longer than need be.

For the first time ever I am starting to block posters. I am not giving any of you an audience anymore.

No they are not, you are quite right and it is much more infectious at the moment because it is a Novel virus (new to humans), but as more data is collected the Infection Fatality Rate for COVID is falling all the time.

It was incorrectly suggested to be about 1.5% during the first few months. At it's peak in March the IFR was already down to 0.56% and the Medical Research Council at the end of July had it at 0.30% and continuing to fall.

Seasonal Influenza is 0.1%-0.2% (depending whether it's been a good or bad season).

On another interesting note, those Countries in Europe hit hardest by COVID in terms of number of deaths, had an unusually below average IFR for influenza last season and those that had lower numbers of deaths from COVID had an average to bad Influenza season.

Please note, all of the above I have researched from The Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford University and thanks to the help of Dr. John Campbell. You really should check his YouTube channel out, he is the best independent source of unbiased, accurate information when it comes to this virus.

Yoda

English & European

Following from my previous post about Dr. John Campbell, he produced a video recently that showed the top 5 main symptoms children show and they vary from what you expect to find in adults.

We know adults have the main three: New dry persistent cough, Fever & Ansomnia

The top five symptoms in school aged children who test positive for COVID are; fatigue (55%) headache (53%), fever (49%), sore throat (38%) and loss of appetite (35%).
Source: https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/back-to-school

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

I understand. It’s really hard to admit when evidence suggests deeply held beliefs may not be correct and challenging questions are asked so blocking them may be easier. Note the obligatory hurling of abuse in your prior post too.

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I understand. It’s really hard to admit when evidence suggests deeply held beliefs may not be correct and challenging questions are asked so blocking them may be easier. Note the obligatory hurling of abuse in your prior post too.

Wow, got to be impressed by your belief you are right.

You remind me a little of those religious zealots that knock your door and basically take any manner of abuse but still smile and say God be with you!

Fair play to you - even if you are wrong! Got to admire people with convictions.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Wow, got to be impressed by your belief you are right.

You remind me a little of those religious zealots that knock your door and basically take any manner of abuse but still smile and say God be with you!

Fair play to you - even if you are wrong! Got to admire people with convictions.

Good post!

How's the atheism going? Still snarling at those with faith?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
The snarling pathetic depths this thread has turned in to is such a reflection on the problems with society today.

Everyone led by whatever social media outlet they happen to get their statistics from when in reality no one truly knows what’s happening.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The snarling pathetic depths this thread has turned in to is such a reflection on the problems with society today.

Everyone led by whatever social media outlet they happen to get their statistics from when in reality no one truly knows what’s happening.
This. I am on the fence but willing to err on the side of caution as we simply cannot gain any genuine conclusions from the current data. Give things a year or two and there will be far more clarity. It amazes me that some people are so black and white.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What on earth has prompted that abuse?

I admire someone's convictions and am a snarling atheist?

Think you will find I'm more likely agnostic!

I thought the abuse those religious people took on peoples doorsteps you witnessed must've been you giving it to them? How else could you have seen it?

Either way, not something to use to mock a fellow NSC user for being passive towards abuse.

Anyways, enjoy the game.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I thought the abuse those religious people took on peoples doorsteps you witnessed must've been you giving it to them? How else could you have seen it?

Either way, not something to use to mock a fellow NSC user for being passive towards abuse.

Anyways, enjoy the game.

Cor, you can twist things can’t you.

As you say UTA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here