Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Any posts actually related to COVID or is this now the political discussion thread again?

Regardless of the exact number, now we are getting 70k people tested a day we are making serious progress towards getting this under control, antibodies testing just as crucial though hopefully some reliable home pin prick tests come about, shame they all seem to be unreliable without that antibodies testing will be a really long process.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Iran re-opening old drive-in cinemas.

Could this be a way for the events/theatre industry to make some money over here over the coming months? Use car parks or summat. I dunno.

Yoda

English & European
CV19 NHS England 01052020.png

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
M&S is open again and I have tea bags after a month of famine! My happiness level is beyond measurement.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Germany are doing that too.

Order tickets online, one ticket per car, stick your registration in when you buy it, that way no need for any physical tickets or interaction.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It's unlikely you'll grow out of it just yet, it seems you've only just grown into it. You didn't seem that fussed about facts 2 days ago. There's a big difference between Covid being reported on a death certificate because it's believed by the doctors to being a contributory factor, and Covid being reported when the patient repeatedly tests negative. You seem to be suggesting that the government are trying to secretly inflate the figures, but Patrick Vallance is being quite open about how deaths are being recorded.

The lockdown is rubbish, Elon Musk knows this...maybe he’ll grow out of it as well.

:lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

The whole thing is an absolute sham. Deaths being reported as Covid when they shouldn’t have been, basing the lockdown on ridiculous models by people who have a track record of being wrong, scientists and doctors who are against the lockdown not given any airtime, airports should’ve been shut when we could’ve nipped it in the bud (if we really wanted to), countries without lockdowns faring much better, people with life threatening conditions not being treated because Covid is the priority, almost empty hospitals, people losing their jobs, economy going down the pan, media scare mongering (again) (how people still trust them? **** knows) people even being scared to walk past eachother on the streets.

I feel like I’m in an episode of The Twilight Zone.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The whole thing is an absolute sham. Deaths being reported as Covid when they shouldn’t have been, basing the lockdown on ridiculous models by people who have a track record of being wrong, scientists and doctors who are against the lockdown not given any airtime, airports should’ve been shut when we could’ve nipped it in the bud (if we really wanted to), countries without lockdowns faring much better, people with life threatening conditions not being treated because Covid is the priority, almost empty hospitals, people losing their jobs, economy going down the pan, media scare mongering (again) (how people still trust them? **** knows) people even being scared to walk past eachother on the streets.

:ffsparr:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That's the Elon Musk who invented this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJZGcj5KHU

The lockdown clearly works. Maybe he knows as much about CV as he does about rescuing people from caves.

The Elon Musk who’s one of the smartest men in the world, will be taking man to Mars and obviously knows how to read statistics.

Clearly the lockdown works...
1F4B27C2-476A-4182-A95B-A8B81ACCBA3D.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The one where the subject is suddenly mentally impaired to the level of understanding of a toddler?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The Elon Musk who’s one of the smartest men in the world, will be taking man to Mars and obviously knows how to read statistics.

Clearly the lockdown works...
View attachment 123042

That might just be the most moronic chart I have ever seen, you cannot compare Asian countries that were prepared for this outbreak due to SARS to any European country and the other countries mentioned are laughable. Mexico inclusion :lolol: cases there are absolutely blowing up but are being under reported and the healthcare system is a shambles and they are at a totally different phase of the outbreak

England population density- 400+ people per KM(2016)

Iceland 3 people per KM
Sweden 63 people per KM
Belarus 120 people per KM

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I think, given your normal position, exposure to reality will probably feel exactly like you are in an episode of The Twilight Zone :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here