Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Swiss Government has just banned all events involving more than 1,000 people.

Panic is spreading further and faster than the virus

do viruses only infect above 1000 present? what an utterly daft policy.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Does that include shopping centres?

Like corner shops and school kids. No more than 1000 people at any one time. Hope they don't have the stewards with the clickers at Falmer as they will allow in either 100 or 10000.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
World Snooker considering cancelling the World Championships or playing behind closed doors.

:nono:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So all Palace home games will remain unaffected then.

They can go but one person per row, at any given time.

palace-fan-006.jpg

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
The Swiss Government has just banned all events involving more than 1,000 people.

Panic is spreading further and faster than the virus

Sensible policy as crowds tend to be more compact and as its airborne so would spread quicker. Policies need to slow it down as the risk to health services being overwhelmed is high.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Steve Bruce refusing to shake hands now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if this virus will have any impact on the climate crisis. Loads of flights being cancelled at the moment. Overseas travel to be permanently affected?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I guess if be kinda worried of I was over 70.the mortality rates for this group are very high

I'm in that group and not worried. We've all got to go sometime, and if your number is up, then its up.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a mentally uncontrollable pandemic now. FFS

This. The levels of media and corporate hysteria are getting more ludicrous by the day. They're talking things up into a global recession. Meanwhile, ordinary people just go about their ordinary everyday lives, rightly suspecting there's just so much BS being spouted. One good thing to come out of this is an increased awareness of the importance of personal hygiene in public places, which can only be a good thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here