Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Dicsussion Thread

That has to be good news if correct.

Though it is slightly odd we’ve gone from 87 to 28. Makes me wonder if there was some crossover on the numbers from the day before into today? Seems plausible given the new announcement time.

Perhaps it was actually more like: Tuesday 60 and Wednesday 55

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I’d assume he means because of the imbeciles over the weekend going out and spending it like a bank holiday weekend.

Hmm, see what you mean

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hmm, see what you mean

But then this time two weeks ago, things were fairly normal. So I doubt there’s much correlation based on that.

I’m very intrigued by how the number has halved in a day, that’s remarkable, not sure I’ve seen that in any other country.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
28 deaths today in England apparently.
Yep, although I should have said that we are <500 currently. Still positive though. I was expecting another rise today, i.e. 100+ deaths in the last 24 hours. 28 today after 87 yesterday is something positive.
Was 28 for the UK, or just England?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That has to be good news if correct.

Though it is slightly odd we’ve gone from 82 to 28. Makes me wonder if there was some crossover on the numbers from the day before into today? Seems plausible given the new announcement time.

Perhaps it was actually more like: Tuesday 57 and Wednesday 53

It's 41 for the UK but still.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Personally I believe the figure if that's what has been released. Massaging the figures would only lead to problems later when things either ramped up a lot or when things were on the surface cooling down. People would in one case start to panic, in the other there would be a premature clamour for restrictions to be lifted earlier than was safe.

I think those kinds of shenanigans happen in Russia and China but I don't think so here.

No, sorry I don't mean I don't believe the figure. I just feel there's something else going on here. Maybe a treatment being used here that's not being used in Spain and Italy, maybe some truth in the theory that half the country has already had it, I don't know what exactly.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No, sorry I don't mean I don't believe the figure. I just feel there's something else going on here. Maybe a treatment being used here that's not being used in Spain and Italy, maybe some truth in the theory that half the country has already had, I don't know what exactly.

I honestly believe it could be a mixture of both, but we need to see how things progrsss over the next few days before we jump to any conclusions, I’ve just looked at most major countries in Europe and I haven’t yet found one place that halved its death number the following day, seems a real anomaly there must be something behind it.

Edit: also, no new infection numbers, very strange.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
87 yesterday, 41 today
Indeed. Great that the rate has come down, but I wouldn't read too much into it on just one day. If it's a trend that continues for a few days, I'd get excited.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That's what I thought. But the 87 for yesterday was for the UK wasn't it? So you're comparing apples with oranges.

True, good point.

Still positive though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here