Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Game surely off now. Whole Arsenal team will in isolation I'd imagine if Arteta has been diagnosed.

Fail to raise a side. 3-0 win awarded to us

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They will put their under 14s out and still beat us

To be fair we’re very tough to beat in 2020. They’d probably take an early lead and we’d get an equaliser after bringing on subs after an hour.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My wife undergoes her fourth cycle of chemotherapy tomorrow for Lymphoma. We will be self isolating for the week immediately following her treatment, when her immune system will be at its lowest.

Probably over reacting, but hey, wouldn’t you?

Wishing you both all the best, and no, not an overreaction at all, sure most of us would do the same.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Very restrained mate. He’s a ****

well to be honest I've had enough of these gimps.

I've posted on this thread the importance to my family especially my wife who's disabled and you get those worried about ****ing holidays and alike, then the wankers saying it doesn't bother them, they need to listen. People who are healthy are also becoming seriously ill, a small percentage maybe, but enough to make the selfish idiots to shut the **** up.

We worry about the intelligence of Trump, I worry about some that live closer to us!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I am due to go on holiday to Turkey at the end of the month for a week.

I have been told by my employers that if I go then on my return they will insist i self isolate for two weeks and they will only pay me the statuary sick pay.

What are your thoughts on this ?

Great country. Shit time of year to go though

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I've posted on this thread the importance to my family especially my wife who's disabled and you get those worried about ****ing holidays and alike, then the wankers saying it doesn't bother them, they need to listen. People who are healthy are also becoming seriously ill, a small percentage maybe, but enough to make the selfish idiots to shut the **** up.

We worry about the intelligence of Trump, I worry about some that live closer to us!

Let’s get one thing straight, I’m not worried about my holiday FFS my health and other people’s health is far more important!!

My post was to get a balanced opinion about the imposed self isolation by my employers and them paying me statuary sick pay if I decided to go on holiday !!

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
some incredibly stupid "my cruise is at risk" "not sure about my multi-country holiday with my 80 year old folks" type posts here. Seriously? wise up.

here's a thought: we have something less than say 1,000 confirmed cases yet they include an awful lot of notable people. either this disease hits famous people or the true numbers are far far higher. i'd suggest the latter

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Istanbul...just been reading on line and Turkey has only had one case of Corona.....so looks ok BUT I am starting to worry a bit.

Football will be behind closed doors until the end of April.......so bang go my Galatasary tickets....guess I wont get a refund on them.

I’m not convinced that the one case is accurate!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Let’s get one thing straight, I’m not worried about my holiday FFS my health and other people’s health is far more important!!

My post was to get a balanced opinion about the imposed self isolation by my employers and them paying me statuary sick pay if I decided to go on holiday !!

It's not imposed though is it? Your employers are saying 'go there and when you come back you'll have to be off for two weeks on statutory sick pay or stay in UK and come back to work as normal - your choice'. Yes, it's limiting your options - but they're warning you in advance.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It's not imposed though is it? Your employers are saying 'go there and when you come back you'll have to be off for two weeks on statutory sick pay or stay in UK and come back to work as normal - your choice'. Yes, it's limiting your options - but they're warning you in advance.

Yes it is imposed if I do go on holiday, that’s what I said !!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Perhaps, just perhaps, if you weren't so personally offensive to people and tried reasonable discussion for a change, you might find that most of us were actually totally sympathetic to your situation.

You might also then be able to manage a level of conversation that one might expect in a face to face interaction, instead of coming across as permanently rude, aggressive and always after a fight.

I hope your wife is ok through all this. Best wishes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here