Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Mail on Sunday editorial

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For those unable to think for themselves, yes possibly.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Have to disagree here. If people who can't think for themselves are exposed to this crap then they believe it and then have the inability to challenge it themselves or listen to the alternative objectively.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can you please give me some specific examples of my 'garbage' and highlight what you think constitutes 'garbage' within them........thanks so much.

I just think in general, you come across as a bit of a c unt. But you're a classic troll so that's exactly what your aim is.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I just think in general, you come across as a bit of a c unt. But you're a classic troll so that's exactly what your aim is.

So 'in general' and a bit of a c**t' but absolutely nothing whatsoever to back that up? I thought you'd be able to maybe dig out some of my posts and dissect them and point out why you've called me a c**t??? Troll? Or maybe someone who just has an opinion that is not the 'right' opinion? It's a chat forum are we all expected to agree on everything?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So 'in general' and a bit of a c**t' but absolutely nothing whatsoever to back that up? I thought you'd be able to maybe dig out some of my posts and dissect them and point out why you've called me a c**t??? Troll? Or maybe someone who just has an opinion that is not the 'right' opinion? It's a chat forum are we all expected to agree on everything?

Look at the recent threads you have started. You're a troll. When you go trolling you're gonna get stick. So if you intend to carry on posting bait, I suggest you dry your eyes, go and put your big boy pants on and come back with a more resilient approach. Okay, Princess Poopsy? You've had all you're gonna get out of me.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Look at the recent threads you have started. You're a troll. When you go trolling you're gonna get stick. So if you intend to carry on posting bait, I suggest you dry your eyes, go and put your big boy pants on and come back with a more resilient approach. Okay, Princess Poopsy? You've had all you're gonna get out of me.

Couldn't care less about the 'stick' I find it amusing that the great intellectuals on here revert to name calling if you dare post anything that upsets their liberal agenda. The one's who no doubt are into 'tolerance' are in fact the least tolerant 'disagree with me and I'll resort to insults'.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm pretty apolitical and am of the view that the vast majority of politicians are self-serving ***** but I have to say that was the biggest load of codswallop I've read for some time!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Scraping the barrel with tired old cliches.

Just pointing out that there are plus points to the job. Teachers are not actually super beings that deserve to be hailed as angelic beings, they are doing a job of their choosing that has both demands and benefits.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes course I can. I didn't say whether I agreed or disagreed with the article I just posted it. I'm sure the teachers on here have valid points so who am I to argue, if they started talking about my occupation (traffic enforcement officer) I'd probably say 'you don't know what you are talking about.

:clap::clap::lolol::lolol:

You sir are a comedy genius. I wasn't sure at first but now I get it. Even had to check if you were you or your parody account.

:fishing::fishing::fishing:

Enjoy your day.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Out of interest how are parents/teachers finding home schooling, my daughter is year 8 and to be honest we are rather disappointed with the schools effort they are essentially setting extra homework sessions and leaving the children to it, there is absolutely no teacher/pupil interaction other than email? Alternatively one our of our neighbours who is a teacher at another school if performing online lessons with full interaction, I would have expected this as the normal at least for some lessons but I guess there has been no central guidance (par for the course) across schools or from government.

Variable I'd say. My eldest son goes to BHASVIC and bar a few glitches at the begining they are using online teaching very well and he is getting plenty of tutor time. My youngest goes to Patcham and they are doing bugger all online teaching. Prefering instead to send out emails with links to materials and the odd task to complete. It often takes less than 3 hours of his day to read and complete. Poor in my eyes. The prize for completely useless goes to Sussex Uni though where Miss WS studies. They still haven't got a hang of the tech ( aren't lecturers meant to be clever ? ), often lectures don't happen or if they do they cut them short. This of course is on top of her losing quite a few lectures earlier in the year to the strikes. I have to say that any sympathy I did have for the lecturers cause has now evapourated.

So in NSC rate the player style :

BHASVIC 9/10 - MoM
Patcham - 5/10
Sussex Uni - 1/10

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Out of interest how are parents/teachers finding home schooling, my daughter is year 8 and to be honest we are rather disappointed with the schools effort they are essentially setting extra homework sessions and leaving the children to it, there is absolutely no teacher/pupil interaction other than email? Alternatively one our of our neighbours who is a teacher at another school if performing online lessons with full interaction, I would have expected this as the normal at least for some lessons but I guess there has been no central guidance (par for the course) across schools or from government.

I teach 8 year olds here in Australia and we are providing 4 lessons per day for our kids. Hours of work are going into them and they are of a very high standard (even if I say so myself. We work as a team so basically do one each per day, this gives us plenty of time to dedicate to them. Other than this we are reviewing, marking and giving feedback on work through our learning platform. I honestly thought I would be able to work less hours but alas I am working my full 9am - 3.30pm hours*. Personally i think it is too much for the poor little blighters but of course we have to be consistent.

*Jokes - of course i am working my usual 8.00 - 5.00 and then another couple in the evening.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I just need 'liberal elite' for a full card.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Couldn't care less about the 'stick' I find it amusing that the great intellectuals on here revert to name calling if you dare post anything that upsets their liberal agenda. The one's who no doubt are into 'tolerance' are in fact the least tolerant 'disagree with me and I'll resort to insults'.

Bing........ oh so close!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why is it 'funny?' Total and utter snob. I bet if I was a 'climate change outreach' worker at Brighton city council you wouldn't find it 'funny' So because I do a low paid and low skilled job you find it 'funny'? You told me before 'poverty' and 'inequality' is something you think is wrong but you find it 'funny' I do a job that doesn't exactly pay well and certainly wouldn't allow me a seat in the 1901? What has my head ware got to do with it? Do you wear sandals, cords a knitted jumper with elbow patches and sport a beard?

Some things in life are just naturally funny, a 5’2” enforcer, in a peaked cap, being one of them. It has nothing to do with your salary or skill set or anything else for that matter. Come on, lighten up a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here