Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
whats the score?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Why did you want the stronger team to win??

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
saw Stafford against D&R up there a couple of months ago on a random Mon night. Theyre not as shit as alot of people think. Their main threat is quick counter attacks but hopefully we should have the pace to cover that.

beeven

Jan 14, 2006
Iver, Bucks
Just got back from the match - there really is nothing for the Seagulls to worry about. Although Stafford won through 2 well taken headers, they really were dreary and for long periods second fiddle to a Maidenhead team who coudn't create a decent chance - apart from the one given to them by the ref - a penalty which was wasted!

About 50 Stafford fans were at the game and seemed to make a reasonable amount of noise.

beeven

Jan 14, 2006
Iver, Bucks
Just got back from the match - there really is nothing for the Seagulls to worry about. Although Stafford won through 2 well taken headers, they really were dreary and for long periods second fiddle to a Maidenhead team who coudn't create a decent chance - apart from the one given to them by the ref - a penalty which was wasted!

About 50 Stafford fans were at the game and seemed to make a reasonable amount of noise.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Over 30 years following the Albion has taught me not to take anything for granted...I think that applies to a game against Stafford Rangers.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Gully said:
Over 30 years following the Albion has taught me not to take anything for granted...I think that applies to a game against Stafford Rangers.

That is just so true, just look back over the years at all the Cup upsets theres been

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
My first game was Albion v Oxford at the Goldstone, we were in the first division and they were in the third, they beat us 3-0. I was also at the Kingstonian game, a horrendously inept defeat capped off with an assault by a member of the Police on a disabled Brighton fan, quite possibly the worst awayday I ever had.

On paper we should be far better than Stafford Rangers, our respective league positions suggest that, however we ignore the risks at our peril.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Lest we forget Gully that season to which you refer was the one that the Albion reached there highest ever league postion under Mike Bailey yet slipped up in what many people thought was going to be a 'walkover' cup tie.
I seem to recall former postie Kieth Cassells did the damage.
The most important thing is that we fill the ground, something I belive we can do.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Nope, seriously this is different. I was at York Road on Tuesday night too cheering on the Magpies. Neither side would trouble us, really. Shame really because I'd have come down on the coach with M'head, let someone else do the driving for a change! I've seen many Albion sides come a cropper down the years but believe me SR pose should really not pose a threat.

Highlight of the night was a streaker who managed to evade stewards and also get out the ground into the night STARK BOLLOCK NAKED!! They never found him according to the PC I spoke to afterwards! Good on yer son :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We've played them once before...an away friendly in 1998 when we won 1-0. Attendance 337.

Outstanding.

Last edited:

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
From the evidence of Tuesday night Portlock Seagull is right that Stafford Rangers should not cause us too many problems, however, they will raise their game and we need to be professional. Hopefully Dean White has been telling everyone what a great team Stafford are and how difficult it will be.

Anyone fancy starting Seagulls over Berkshire club so we can meet some of the players too...?
:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here