Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magoo out petition

Silent Bob said:
Probably more of a dickhead as well.

Scintilliating rejoinder, that. Innate class demonstrated so effortlessly.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Scintilliating rejoinder, that. Innate class demonstrated so effortlessly.
Aye 'cause telling people how much better you are than them is so classy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Silent Bob you must have realised that you are not permitted an opinion on here unless it conforms to the views of LI and a few more.

Most of the points raised about BB and DW and who to blame for relegation I have stated on here during the last season and been slated for saying it I am just sitting back watching now as the worms turn.

BensGrandad said:
Silent Bob you must have realised that you are not permitted an opinion on here unless it conforms to the views of LI and a few more.
Funny that, your counter clock says we've had 4,600 posts of your opinions.

Which essentially boils down to 2 posts repeated 2,300 times, the "spend the money we don't have" one and the "pick obscure scapegoats like Cullip and Booker" one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
Funny that, your counter clock says we've had 4,600 posts of your opinions.

Which essentially boils down to 2 posts repeated 2,300 times, the "spend the money we don't have" one and the "pick obscure scapegoats like Cullip and Booker" one.

You forgot the main one DK and his lack of money!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Mouldy Boots said:
Relegation is not the reason i feel MM should be sacked it is the manner of performances that his team under his instructions have played - you may not believe this but i am very much all for stability with management at the Albion but when you have someone who looks not to be taking the team forward it's time they went.

DK has only made two errors in my eyes and he has had many decisions to make.
1. sacked Martin Hinslewood too early.
2. Should have sacked MM at christmas.

I admire your backing of MM but where your coming from i really don't understand.

I think it is pretty obvious where I am coming from. Unlike some people on here, after finishing just above the relegation zone last season and selling two of our best players and keeping most of the money for Falmer, I expected to go down. Some people, like you presumably, seem to believe that this situation should have equalled mid-table, or at least improvement this season. Expectations became unrealistic and that has been McGhee's biggest mistake, starting the season reasonably well and increasing expectations.

My view is that Mark McGhee has done a lot of good for this club while putting up with ridiculously limited funds. This means he deserves a chance to take us back up. If the board members mentioned wanted us to stay up then they should have spent more of the Virgo and Harding money on new players. I understand the money has to go towards Falmer, and so do Knight and Perry judging by their support for McGhee, but that is not McGhee's fault. Sacking him will only be counter productive and leave us much more likely to be in a situation like Rotherham next year.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think its the fact that we didnt make a decent fist of staying up at the beginning of the season we were getting draws and sayin "oh how unlucky we didnt get all three points".

In January it all went tits up. I think if we went down fighting then MM would be ok. The fact that we capitulated in the way we did has probably signalled its time to go. The king is dead long live the king.

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
Are you one of our players or something? How do you how vocal or not McGhee was in the dressing room at half-time? :shrug:

He could have sent them out with burst ear-drums, but that doesn't automatically mean if we don't have the right players, like a decent creative centre-forward, that we can then beat 22 other much better funded Championship teams.

Would you like me to be one of the players!!

Half time chats didn't appear to inspire the team this year - sometimes you may have to bollock them sometimes guide them into where they are going wrong individually and collectively - but nothing happened never seen a manger struggle to get his team competing after the break, it as if he did not know what to say to them.

As for creative centre forwards - we also at times looked very disorganised at the back and in midfield it was not just the goal department that got us relegated.

Mouldy Boots said:
Half time chats didn't appear to inspire the team this year

Sorry, it's just the way you talk about this is if you think McGhee is some kind of hypnotist, that at half-time he can use his "power of suggestion" to suddenly transform a team of under-resourced ageing pros and young hopefuls into regular Championship-level winners, as if by magic.

You know, if you just look at the squad we had, you'll realise that they were just not better than nearly all of the other teams in the league. All the will power and half-time bollockings can sometimes mitigate that fact but it cannot alter it fundamentally. Class will out across a season, it nearly always does.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
But lack of effort is unforgiveable.

And he had no way of getting 100% effort out of them any more.

Proof was in the watching.

D

Deleted member 2719

Finchley Seagull said:
I think it is pretty obvious where I am coming from. Unlike some people on here, after finishing just above the relegation zone last season and selling two of our best players and keeping most of the money for Falmer, I expected to go down. Some people, like you presumably, seem to believe that this situation should have equalled mid-table, or at least improvement this season. Expectations became unrealistic and that has been McGhee's biggest mistake, starting the season reasonably well and increasing expectations.

My view is that Mark McGhee has done a lot of good for this club while putting up with ridiculously limited funds. This means he deserves a chance to take us back up. If the board members mentioned wanted us to stay up then they should have spent more of the Virgo and Harding money on new players. I understand the money has to go towards Falmer, and so do Knight and Perry judging by their support for McGhee, but that is not McGhee's fault. Sacking him will only be counter productive and leave us much more likely to be in a situation like Rotherham next year.

I have the strong feeling on this maybe because i have played football for 600+ games and also managed i know both sides of the coin it seems glaringly obvious he ain't a very good manager, he is okay when thing are all rosy in the garden but cannot appear to turn it around when the going get's tough.
Any unnamed manager would have been sacked long ago very unfair but also very true.

At the end of the day unless MM stays manager for another couple of season we will never know who is nearer the mark (excuse the pun).

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
Sorry, it's just the way you talk about this is if you think McGhee is some kind of hypnotist, that at half-time he can use his "power of suggestion" to suddenly transform a team of under-resourced ageing pros and young hopefuls into regular Championship-level winners, as if by magic.

You know, if you just look at the squad we had, you'll realise that they were just not better than nearly all of the other teams in the league. All the will power and half-time bollockings can sometimes mitigate that fact but it cannot alter it fundamentally. Class will out across a season, it nearly always does.

I admit we have not got the biggest quality squad in the CC but if we were more organised and the team had not been changed so often match to match we would have stood a far better chance of forming a good understanding in what they were doing.

The Millwall home game is a good example they tactically made us look stupid and there was no response to counter them - his indecision and negative response to so many situation is what cost us relegation.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:

Strange, other managers appear to be able to do it - Martin Jol's "hynotic" powers have seen many a Spurs turn-around this year. Has McGhee sent out a better team for the second half once this season?

Repugnant Toad said:
Strange, other managers appear to be able to do it - Martin Jol's "hynotic" powers have seen many a Spurs turn-around this year. Has McGhee sent out a better team for the second half once this season?

Usual delusional comparison with heavily resourced Premiership teams by the McGhee outers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A better comparison would be the pre-Christmas QPR side under Holloway with the post-Christmas side under Waddock.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
Usual delusional comparison with heavily resourced Premiership teams by the McGhee outers.

Easy, but inaccurate, response.

It's all relative; Spurs may have more resources, but they compete in a league with teams much richer than they. The point, anyhow, is not to do with money, it's to do with motivation. Compare first-time manager David Tuttle, if you prefer - his half-time gambit turned the game at Withdean in December. Has McGhee done the same once this season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here