Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magnificent Oatway

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:
Charlie has been ok at div 1 standard for all of you who say he won't cut it at that level. He is a man marker not a creative midfielder.

I hate to say it but Oatway was a liability at Div 1 level. The only game that people can quote as saying he was good in was the Pompey home game. What about all the other ones where he was run ragged in the middle could not get near the ball and was generally ineffective. The Norwich cup game being one of the many. He has looked off the pace for a lot of this season and it will be even worse next season. Taylor saw it, brought Lewis in and I suspect was not planning to renew his contract (he made his Captain at Port Vale as a thank you), however Taylor went and Knight for some reason gave the bloke a 3 year deal. Coppell brought Rodger and Sidwell in as Oatway could not cut it.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yet again we find ourselves being loyal and was shocked to see these players are getting contracts when are certainly not good enough for the first division.
No disrespect but most are average 2nd division players and no more and to think we haven't learn't from our last balls up in the first is beyond belief full stop.

Could and should have got shot of 8-9 players and bought in 3-4 reasonable players,but o no its back to square one with the poorest team by a mile in div 1 dear o dear and surely mc ghee can see our midfield is a shambles and disgrace christ its not rocket science to see that.

Totally baffled by these pathetic contracts in a very strong div 1 campagn.:angry: :angry:
Personally i would rather get relagated from div 1 than be in the second,but a little more effort i.e players was needed.:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Curious Orange said:
Berks, didn't McGhee say he was looking to sign FOUR players though. Do you not think he meant FOUR DIVISION ONE standard players?
Heard that last season although don't see the funds getting us 4 players and you can't deny players like oatway,hart,beck and so on are goner be no good in div 1 full stop.

Look at our squad and you will see around 5 players good enough for div 1.

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here