Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think that is just the way it is in Spain

A couple of reasons for it though

A large country long way to travel
Given worst possible seats to watch game
Games played late at night
Lots of games televised
Only 2 games a season that anybody gives a shit about.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just goes to show they're not a big club.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I think that is just the way it is in Spain

A couple of reasons for it though

A large country long way to travel
Given worst possible seats to watch game
Games played late at night
Lots of games televised
Only 2 games a season that anybody gives a shit about.

But 20km distance to travel, and only 30 people could be bothered :eek:

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Bit like the Monkey Tennis League in Scotland then. But they do get a few more than 30 away fans to non RvC games

Errrr.....clueless comment as the OF play each other four times!
And Rangers took over 150,000 to Manchester for the UEFA Cup final - the biggest movement of football fans in the history of the game!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And Rangers took over 150,000 to Manchester for the UEFA Cup final - the biggest movement of football fans in the history of the game!!

Spot on, and Celtic took several 10,000 to Seville. Both clubs are supported by vast legions.
Just a shame that it's all about TV money in European football now, and with no interest in the other Scottish Clubs, Rangers & Celtic suffer.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn't be boasting about the Rangers support in Manchester, mate...

What about the 149,000 who didn't cause trouble? Rangers can't be held responsible for a social (not football) problem, of scum who use football , including England games in tournements for trouble.
CP, Millwall, Cardiff, even 'the innocent' Albion have their elements .... just much smaller scale to control, than those within the 150,000 that day.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I believe there are no away tickets available for R. Madrid/Barcelona games. Also they have individual TV agreements so the other "La Liga" teams
are kept in their place...for ever.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Take it easy, I said a bit like, Ok so they play 4 times, but that is it for Scottish Football, the rest of the teams (in the SPL) following could be exceeded in a single OF game. And I pointed out that they take more than 30 to away games, I was pointing out that they at least have an away contingent, unlike the spanish. As for whatever happened in manchester, well good for them, lots of them travelled, like lots of spanish travel for cup final games, that wasn;t the point under discussion, it was about league games.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Take it easy, I said a bit like, Ok so they play 4 times, but that is it for Scottish Football, the rest of the teams (in the SPL) following could be exceeded in a single OF game. And I pointed out that they take more than 30 to away games, I was pointing out that they at least have an away contingent, unlike the spanish. As for whatever happened in manchester, well good for them, lots of them travelled, like lots of spanish travel for cup final games, that wasn;t the point under discussion, it was about league games.

Sorry to be so sensitive - just get a bit fed up with all the MTL jibes!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here