Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madness

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
They were superb the last time I saw them at the Centre which was 18 months ago. Bring it on.

Anyone else going to see Bad Manners at the Concorde 2 on Sunday?

Yeah I'll be seeing bad manners on Sunday for about the 10th time can't wait, got my madness tickets as well also looking forward to the new album heard a few tracks and it's sounding great . Thought the norton folgate album was one of their best back to their early sound

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For any gig, it takes a few numbers to get voices properly warmed up, and no-one had the chance to do that. To say they were poor misses the point by 100 miles.

If they were poor, so were Elton John, Paul McCartney, Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, Robbie Williams, et al. No-one sang fantastically.

Oh, and they weren't poor, nor - and yes, we all saw that gag - were they an 'embarrassment'.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Didn't see it live, but saw a recording today. I'm a big Madness fan, but I have to admit I was squirming. They didn't sound good. Seen them live on numerous occasions and they always put on a decent show. Their last album, The Liberty of Norton Folgate has to be one of their best. As I understand it, their next album is due for release soon, albeit without Bedders who is taking a break from the band at the moment.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Yeah I'll be seeing bad manners on Sunday for about the 10th time can't wait, got my madness tickets as well also looking forward to the new album heard a few tracks and it's sounding great . Thought the norton folgate album was one of their best back to their early sound

Thanks for the heads up on the new Madness album. First saw Bad Manners at Jenkinsons around 1980. Still good now!

Last edited:

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Thanks for the heads up on the new Madness album. First saw Bad Manners at Jenkinsons around 1980. Still good now!

Was at that same gig all those years ago .

Saw The Specials perform in Sydney in April .
It was the best concert I've ever been too .
Full of 50-year old men , dancing , smiling , having the time of their lives !

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Was at that same gig all those years ago .

Saw The Specials perform in Sydney in April .
It was the best concert I've ever been too .
Full of 50-year old men , dancing , smiling , having the time of their lives !

Christ, where have all the years gone? 32 years ago! But we're still enjoying it all.
Bet you were also at the Specials, Madness, Selecter gig at the Suite as well. All in one night. Heaven.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Christ, where have all the years gone? 32 years ago! But we're still enjoying it all.
Bet you were also at the Specials, Madness, Selecter gig at the Suite as well. All in one night. Heaven.

Sadly , I missed out on seeing that wonderfull trifecta .
Did catch The Selector headlining with The Bodysnatchers as support at The Suite a few months later though .
It was fantastic the way all those Ska bands encouraged you onto the stage to dance with them at the finale .

Oddsocks

May 1, 2012
Madness were arguably one of the best bands of the early 80s. Not sure you can expect them to be as good 30 years later! I thought the very clever special effects projected onto Buckingham Palace made up for any weakness in their performance.

I've seen them loads; back in the day and lately...It's always a good fun gig with adequate moshing....and hats off for all 7 of the original line up to have lasted so long.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I hope not as I thought that they showed their age and had no zip in their song which was poorly performed in my view if you compare it against when they made it originally..

I was rather disappointed too, I thought they'd be much better, but the overall sound system didn't do them any favours. They looked rather odd up there on the roof.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The Los Palmas 6? I hired them for my 40th birthday a couple of years ago. They were fantastic!

yes mate,they are very good,they have played fratton park,isle of wight this year,playing inlancing in august

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

I went to that. top night Out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here