Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
God help NSC if we don’t beat Stoke. The infighting on here has increased dramatically since we drew with Palace

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I remember Gales HSB from when I worked for a company in Chichester. Really strong stuff from what I can recall
Yeah, I remember when the Balltree at Sompting used to sell it. (I do believe that at the time, mid 70s, it was the most easterly pub to sell it). Not surprised it got Eric laid, three pints and I'd always be flat on my back. I'd still be fit for school though the next day; no hangovers when you're young!

Strangely enough the last time I had a pint of it I found it almost undrinkable, it was far too thick and syrupy. I think because I've moved on to lighter, more hoppy ales now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Island hopping.
This is Portsea Island from the air
portsea-island-7e5311ed-31ed-4579-a679-bdcd74cd57f-resize-750.jpeg

Note the A27 which turns into the M27 runs along the top of the island. This is the body of water that separates Portsea Island from the A27, this is called 'Portsbridge Creek':
1280px-Ports_Creek%2C_Portsmouth%2C_UK.jpg

Hayling Island is also an island., however Gosport isn't.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What about Portland? I grew up on the island and have always regarded it as such.

It is now causewayed by a road built alongside Chesil Beach but I regard it still as an island. And a beautiful one at that. I love Dorset.

Annoys me when I see references to it in the news and they say “in Portland” it’s ON Portland.

Thoughts?
AC0C92D0-2691-4CD7-A1F5-6CBE11341D55.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
God help NSC if we don’t beat Stoke. The infighting on here has increased dramatically since we drew with Palace
I think there is a lot of truth in that. I told the MD of a company where I am refurbishing some offices to go f*** himself the other day. The big boss whom I’m pally with asked him why I was so ratty ?

I said, “Ask Sanchez.”

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What an about Portland? I grew up on the island and have always regarded it as such.

It is now causewayed by Chesil Beach but I regard it as an island. And a beautiful one at that.

Annoys me when I see references to it in the news and they say “in Portland” it’s ON Portland.

Thoughts?
Were you in the young offenders institution?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
What about Portland? I grew up on the island and have always regarded it as such.

It is now causewayed by a road built alongside Chesil Beach but I regard it still as an island. And a beautiful one at that. I love Dorset.

Thoughts?View attachment 157425
I would say its an island yes.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017

Thoughts?View attachment 157425
Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here