Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann...

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I think that info was reported to the police before, but they weren't concentrating on anything after 9.15 as that's when they had their prime suspect sighting. Now it transpires that he is no longer a suspect sighting, they are now pinning it on the 10pm sighting.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
What I don't understand is somebody has come forward after all this time to say they saw a man carrying a young girl towards the beach at 10pm on the evening she disappeared, then police say they have received 1,000 emails after last nights crime watch, all these people what the hell where they doing for the last few years not watching tv or reading news papers ???? surely if they really knew anything they would have come forward before.

This is to be expected. People WANT to help and, six years later, they can talk themselves into seeing something.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Can't believe all the c****s on here saying what's the right thing to do!!! Of course all these people have never left their children out of sight ever???? Wtf!!!!

No Never as a 3 year old or in a foreign country, never mind both!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
This is to be expected. People WANT to help and, six years later, they can talk themselves into seeing something.

True. What's key to any investigation is figuring out the accepted truth of events then reviewing all pieces after that against it. If it's credible, do you have to change the accepted version etc... Continuous review and counter assessment or 'red teaming' is key.

If after 6 years someone gives you a detailed description that has never been heard before you do question their motives but never ignore the description. Always an open mind but a countered with a reasoned one.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Can't believe all the c****s on here saying what's the right thing to do!!! Of course all these people have never left their children out of sight ever???? Wtf!!!!

Good point. Clearly losing sight of a child for a few moments is the same as going out with friends to a bar and leaving 3 kids at home alone. Actually I went to centerparcs when my lad was 3 and twin girls 18 months. Maybe we should have gone out for dinner and left them to it.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
The Dogs do not provide "evidence" they are called indicator dogs and they are trained to detect whether a corpse has lain in some position. They apparently indicated that a body had been left behind the sofa....but...like I said earlier, the body could only have been there for a maximum of 20 minutes from when she disappeared to when the apartment was searched. This is too soon for any discernible scent to be laid down by a body.

If the only reason you think that the parents had nothing to do with it is that you find it difficult to imagine a parent, especially a mother, having anything to do with it then you haven't read the evidence.

Do you remember all the talk that Maddies hair showed evidence of repeated administration of sedatives (both parents are medical Doctors).? Well, that turned out to be wrong...Police gossip, the talk that Maddies blood spatters were found in the apartment? Also wrong, Police Gossip, the car being left open to blow the stench of rotting corpse out? Wrong, wrong, wrong.

There's been so much incompetence, misinformation, malicious speculation and unfounded accusations that it's frankly disgusting.

By their own timelines, Madeleine was left alone from 8:30 until 10:00. If she awoke upon them leaving the apartment, sat on the back of the sofa to look out the window to try and see them, fell from there onto the tiled floor accidently and died, this gives approx 90 minutes for cadaverine to form. So there is enough time theoretically for this to happen. IMO the dog evidence is pretty overwhelming and for some reason the Gerry and Kate went out of their way to try and discredit it which looks strange. Because of the number of times the dogs indicated a dead body (and backed this up with separate blood indication) its stetching it say they were wrong in every instance. Again IMO the only problem with the dog evidence is that its not completely beyond the realms of possibility that it was planted by the PJ who I suspect thought Gerry and Kate were involved in a cover up but because of the lack od other evidence, need Gerry or Kate to confess.

Good point. Clearly losing sight of a child for a few moments is the same as going out with friends to a bar and leaving 3 kids at home alone. Actually I went to centerparcs when my lad was 3 and twin girls 18 months. Maybe we should have gone out for dinner and left them to it.

It's that or the babysitting service, I chose the latter and she ate the last of my Hob Nobs

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Agree with BigGully above. I am stunned that there are people on here who are blaming the parents for this due to their negligence.

Presumably Billie Jo Jenkins should never have been left at home

Sarah Payne should never have been allowed to play outside

James Bulger's mother should never have looked away

I just can't understand how any loving parent's first reaction would be to blame the parents. But there are obviously parents on here who have never so much as glanced away from their children for 18 years.

Let's remember there were 3 children in the hotel bedroom aged 2, 2 and 3. Maddie had even woken up the evening before and apparently got upset because no adult was there. As a parent I struggle to understand how a caring and supposedly intelligent parent would leave children of this age alone in a hotel room while they go out to dinner.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
By their own timelines, Madeleine was left alone from 8:30 until 10:00. If she awoke upon them leaving the apartment, sat on the back of the sofa to look out the window to try and see them, fell from there onto the tiled floor accidently and died, this gives approx 90 minutes for cadaverine to form. So there is enough time theoretically for this to happen. IMO the dog evidence is pretty overwhelming and for some reason the Gerry and Kate went out of their way to try and discredit it which looks strange. Because of the number of times the dogs indicated a dead body (and backed this up with separate blood indication) its stetching it say they were wrong in every instance. Again IMO the only problem with the dog evidence is that its not completely beyond the realms of possibility that it was planted by the PJ who I suspect thought Gerry and Kate were involved in a cover up but because of the lack od other evidence, need Gerry or Kate to confess.

You ought to write science fiction and fairy tales.You'd rival J.K.Rowling.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Let's remember there were 3 children in the hotel bedroom aged 2, 2 and 3. Maddie had even woken up the evening before and apparently got upset because no adult was there. As a parent I struggle to understand how a caring and supposedly intelligent parent would leave children of this age alone in a hotel room while they go out to dinner.

The twins were less than two.....and it us madness to leave them under any circumstances.... Those that suggest its OK to swan around, even if only 100 meters away, three children under four years old, unattended for even fifteen minutes, are plain stupid.....its simply opening up all possible dangers to those children if they wake up. They are all walking at that age, the parents were just asking for trouble, just plain irresponsible.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Agree with BigGully above. I am stunned that there are people on here who are blaming the parents for this due to their negligence.

Presumably Billie Jo Jenkins should never have been left at home

Sarah Payne should never have been allowed to play outside

James Bulger's mother should never have looked away

I just can't understand how any loving parent's first reaction would be to blame the parents. But there are obviously parents on here who have never so much as glanced away from their children for 18 years.

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Yes but as Gerry was is a Doctor and Kate an anaesthetist perhaps they could sure that none of their children would wake up while they were enjoying their night out .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes but as Gerry was is a Doctor and Kate an anaesthetist perhaps they could sure that none of their children would wake up while they were enjoying their night out .

That was a theory put forward by the press at the time - accidental overdose.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Ah yes...the old sedation theory. Kate and Gerry drugged the kids so they can go out for dinner undisturbed. Only problem with that is that the twins proved negative for any sedatives and madeleines hair samples only showed intermittent paracetamol ( calpol) administration as, I suspect, would anyone's kids.

It's nigh on impossible to predictably sedate children with anaesthetics. If they had the chances are that the twins would have been obviously drugged when the searching began.

Still, evil doctors who drug their kids are everywhere right?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The twins were less than two.....and it us madness to leave them under any circumstances.... Those that suggest its OK to swan around, even if only 100 meters away, three children under four years old, unattended for even fifteen minutes, are plain stupid.....its simply opening up all possible dangers to those children if they wake up. They are all walking at that age, the parents were just asking for trouble, just plain irresponsible.

What distance is OK?

Is it OK, for example, for parents to sit at the end of their garden at home on a Summer's evening, with their child(ren) indoors asleep?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
What distance is OK?

Is it OK, for example, for parents to sit at the end of their garden at home on a Summer's evening, with their child(ren) indoors asleep?

100 meters? It was 20 as the crow flies and 60 if you walked round the pool. 20 meters? That ain't across town is it? And Bozza...don't bother with reason, there's so much prejudice and miss marpling going on that you might as well talk to the wall.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
That was a theory put forward by the press at the time - accidental overdose.

At the time I thought there was something in this theory, and I still do. The theory involved the accumulative effect of several nights of mild anaesthesia for Madeleine, who they admit was a handful and never went off to sleep easily. Some of the anaesthetic stays in the body for more than 24 hours, causing a gradual build up over several days, and the final dose would be the one that surprised them. They found her lifeless, hatched a plan to get rid of her - otherwise they were both deep in it and risked losing their precious professional careers in health.

Incredibly irresponsible parental behaviour to leave a 3 year old and two 1 year olds alone in an unlocked apartment - and it looks like (now) they were unchecked for perhaps up to 90 minutes. They could only have decided to leave it that long to check if they knew nailed on that Madeleine was completely out of it - and how would that have been?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
At the time I thought there was something in this theory, and I still do. The theory involved the accumulative effect of several nights of mild anaesthesia for Madeleine, who they admit was a handful and never went off to sleep easily. Some of the anaesthetic stays in the body for more than 24 hours, causing a gradual build up over several days, and the final dose would be the one that surprised them. They found her lifeless, hatched a plan to get rid of her - otherwise they were both deep in it and risked losing their precious professional careers in health.

Incredibly irresponsible parental behaviour to leave a 3 year old and two 1 year olds alone in an unlocked apartment - and it looks like (now) they were unchecked for perhaps up to 90 minutes. They could only have decided to leave it that long to check if they knew nailed on that Madeleine was completely out of it - and how would that have been?

Except...there was no evidence of sedatives of any kind in her hair samples. And yes...there would have been unless the only time they administered it was the night she disappeared.

The theory that she was accidentally overdosed then spirited away by them to cover it up was the only one that made any kind of sense but ,again, there's simply no evidence to support it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here