Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madejski

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
er...he also whined pathetically a couple of weeks ago that he wouldn't bother offering his new manager a contract.

He has now offered him a contract, and when that was rejected by Coppell, comes back with another offer.

Legal or not, he has still stolen our manager.

jsdueedyh jdy gtr xdse weeeee ituty xdt lfury dgaxs paaaarp paraaaaaap jdye wtegdf, Not many people would like a nose like that but i think it breaks up an otherwise dull face. Ghee wyebm ggwy jwsywt dhyet pooop pooop hdterw dhry drt fjuy,apparantly he smells of a dog that has been left in the sun. hedyuet djeyet dheyet deti gaewr jfue no no no no ghastly fellow in a horrid town deietr dheeet oreerycnet dhsdr woopp ends up that he caught v.d off the fellow, ha ha ha ha ha he he he he he ho ho ho ho.mmmmmmmmmmm

Cheeky Monkey said:
How can someone who publicly states that after the Pardew experience they will not do the same thing to another club and approach a manager under contract.....and then turn round and do exactly that

Oh dear. Here we go again. Do they still run the drinking water through lead pipes down there in Sussex?

For the benefit of the retards among us...

West Ham asked for permission to speak to Pardew. Madejski said no. Brooking said on TV that "Pardew is still top of our list" and threatened to use "other means" to get Pardew if necessary. West Ham again asked for permission to speak to Pardew. Madejski again said no, and told West Ham that that should be the end of the matter. Pardew walks out straight into the West Ham job.

Compare and contrast that with:

Reading ask 4 clubs for permission to speak to their managers, one of which is Brighton. Knight says yes. Coppell speaks to Reading.

Spot the difference?

Now John Madejski is a wig-wearing tory with a big ego. BUT he is scrupulously honest and does exactly as he says, and expects others to do so too. He said that he would only approach managers under contract with the express permission of the clubs concerned. If the club said 'no' he would immediately withdraw. That is what he did.

End of subject.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Madjeski said he wouldn't ask any managers under contract then he did.

That makes him an ugly, peabrain, syrup waering **** who doesn't even like football.

Hear that? Your stadium is named after someone who doesn't even like football, how bent is that!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must admit Witless, I too am struggling to see how Madejski is the bad guy in all of this. This is down to Coppell's conscience and nothing else. If he goes he's sold our club short after we gave him a route back into management. Even Micky Adams (who was irritatingly and publicly vocal in his disappointment at being ruled out of the Southampton job while he was under contract at our club) and Peter "I'm too big for this club" Taylor had the decency to finish the job before looking elsewhere. I don't doubt the man's ability but at the end of the day all his CV reads from his time at Brighton is "failed to prevent relegation but left them at the top of the league after one quarter of the following season". He's not exactly paid back our faith in him if you ask me.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Madejski is still a **** though:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Madjeski said he wouldn't ask any managers under contract then he did.

Assuming that is true, he's nevertheless not behaving unreasonably if he decides he will talk to other club's managers but does so through the conventional means. It's not like he owes Albion fans anything is it? All the time Albion are successful at our shit ground, we're going to prone to richer clubs tapping our players and management.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Well said, DK's Mum!

They pretend hold the moral highground - what they don't realise is how stupid it makes them look.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
Assuming that is true, he's nevertheless not behaving unreasonably if he decides he will talk to other club's managers but does so through the conventional means. It's not like he owes Albion fans anything is it? All the time Albion are successful at our shit ground, we're going to prone to richer clubs tapping our players and management.

I know he doesn't owe us anything and he isn't behaving unreasonably but he did kick up a massive fuss over his manager being tapped ilegally. I know what he did was legal but he still shouldn't have been annoyed about losing his manager and then going after one under contract at another club even if he will pay compensation and was allowed to do so, it was highly hypocritical IMHO.
I am just bitter as a mother fucker that Coppell wasn't even his first choice and that our club is suffering another f***ing blow after we are struggling so hard as a club for things to go right for us after yearrs of pain and heart ache.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here