Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mad Men

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone watch this? I am on episode 10 of the first series and really starting to love it. Quite slow paced but I think that adds to the authenticity. If you have not seen it then worth purchasing on blu-ray as the attention to late 50's/early 60's detail is fantastic.

Any other fans?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yep. All through the first season I expected some sort of amazing mind blowing revelation, so never really accepted it for what it was. When I watched the second season I knew that nothing like that was coming so enjoyed it a lot more. Am watching the third season as it airs on bbc 4 at the moment.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Love it. Great characters developed very slowly in great detail - superb programme.

And pretty realistic by all accounts. I started in ad agencies in 1988 when people still went to the pub every lunchtime and sandwiches were made by a lady in the kitchen and brought round on a trolley along with tea/coffee if you wanted it. Afternoon coffee often had a sharpener in it - then back to the bar at about 6pm for a sesh. Our agency had two drivers who were just kept on standby to ferry artwork to London or to clients for sign off. The owner of our agency had a nine hole golf course built in his garden on expenses!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yep. All through the first season I expected some sort of amazing mind blowing revelation, so never really accepted it for what it was. When I watched the second season I knew that nothing like that was coming so enjoyed it a lot more. Am watching the third season as it airs on bbc 4 at the moment.

Without giving too much away, are series 2 and 3 as good? more of the same?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Without giving too much away, are series 2 and 3 as good? more of the same?

I enjoyed seaosn 2 more than season one.

Season three I'm still getting into. The problem I found with the early part of season 2, and so far season 3, is that there aren't any 'previously on mad men...' brief recaps, and the show wasn't re-run recently, so I had to try to remember back four or five months to when I watched it to remember what had happened, this was made harder by season two picking up a a while after season one left off.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Peaked in Series 2 - series three is more about the people and less about the situations they are in. Still watchable and high calss telly, but not as good as 2 - which was far better than One.

url

url

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I wish women had curves again like 'back in the day' - Note to all stick insects - THIS IS WHAT MEN REAAAAAAAAAALLLLY WANT (apart from Buzzer)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here