Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mad dog

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I love Martin Allen, he's a legend. Mr Motivator. Any manager who posts personal updates to the fans on their club's website must be. I think Mandaric should stick with him and let it turn into the sort of relationship he had with 'arry, but if sacking him meant he ended up being Albion manager that would suit me.

Err...and they've just confirmed it on their website. Crazy. He bought about 37 players in over the summer and they just beat Twatford 4-1. Good luck Mad Dog.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Bloody hell!!

GET HIM IN DICK....THIS IS THE BLOKE FOR US,DEFO!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just what has he achieved? No thanks. People got offended by how confrontational MM could be, but he's got nothing on this guy.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just what has he achieved? No thanks. People got offended by how confrontational MM could be, but he's got nothing on this guy.

Is the correct answer, let's face it, how long was he at Leicester ? Spent a lot of money and has gone within a month of the start of the season, very good NOT !

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Martin Allen is one of those managers that was only ever going to get so far with his slightly wacky motivational techniques.

There comes a level where there isn't any substitute for tactical nous, coaching skill, being a bit of a political animal, the ability to attract and then impress big name players - he had none of these things.

I'm not surprised he's gone, but I was amazed he got the Leicester job in the first place because there were some very good other candidates.

I very much doubt if he will ever manage in the Championship again, unless it's with a Southend-type club who get lucky for a season.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Put it this way, when has Martin Allen ever had any club outside the top ten of the division they were in? You could possibly argue he should have taken MK Dons up with the money they had but, as mentioned, they got the record number of points for a club not to be automatically promoted. Brentford have gone downhill ever since he went and Barnet have hardly set div three alight since going up as champions with a team he built. He was also coach at Reading when they were on the way up.

All of which is irrelevant because Wilkins deserves a chance and we can afford mediocrity for a couple of seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here