Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mackail smith's record unchanged in championship, so why all the bad vibes??...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Reading come in with 2.5-3.0 mill would we take it ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
What am I wrong about though?

Wasted half our season dicking about with Billy Sodding Paynter up front in an attempt to find a target man

Well you are wrong about that as Paynter only played 10 times for us which isn't even 1/4 of a seaon let alone half.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, if you took a cross section of views on most of our players this season there has been an astounding amount of negativity aboiut our players who, by the way, are FOURTH. Examples being:

Brezovan - Not great at punching;
Ankergren - Unconvincing in the air;
Greer - Actually properly mental;
Dunk - Generally not too often criticised;
El-Abd - Goes down too easily;
Mattock - Unconvincing defensively;
Calderon - Unconvincing defensively;
Reyes - Gives the ball away too much;
Navarro - Not good enough, too defensive;
Bridcutt - (Actually Bridcutt never comes in for criticism)
Buckley - Injury-prone;
Noone - Lacks a final ball;
Lua Lua - Lacks a final ball;
Harley - See the 5,000 threads on Harley in the 1st half of the season
Vicente - Injury prone;
Razak - Bad attitude;
Sparrow - Just not good enough;
Barnes - See the 10,000 threads on this gem;
CMS - Runs about a lot but not much else;

Assunlin, JFC, Toby, etc not really played enough for people to criticise too harshly... Yet.

The tendency to forget the astonishing performance against Derby (Prem/Champ for last 15 years) of a team that had 9 of the 11 starters from League One...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
For £2.5m I would have expected his finishing to be ALLOT better!

Can't believe we didn't bite Reading's hand off in January to be honest. I guess it was because it came in at the end of the window.

If they come back in for him at the end of the season then we should cut our losses and get rid. They'd be mad too though as it looks like they'll be a premier league side and CMS has done nothing to prove he's a second division striker let alone a first division one.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
I would imagine he'd of hoped for more as the Peterborough side he was in were relegated and we're 4th. I see a big season for him next season and would put money on him being top scorer if we're in the Championship and contributing well if we're in the Premier. This whole season has been a learning curve for him and us and we've had a fair few challenges to overcome especially around playing him into goal scoring opportunities. He's a top player. If he got another 5 before the end of the season I think that would be a pretty decent return.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
What's your point?

Barnes got 16 less.

Mackail-Smith = great league 1 FINISHER, there's no doubting that.

But he doesn't seem to cut it at our level - certainly not with our style of play anyway

The point is that someone suggested that Murray is better than CMS, despite the cold, hard FACTS of a like-for-like comparison of the past two seasons not supporting that. Don't get me wrong, CMS's goal tally this year has been slightly disappointing, especially for the price tag (not his fault), but I'd have him in our team ahead of Murray and certainly Vokes any day of the week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here