Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Macbook pro for FM

Feb 21, 2009
Hi guys/gals

Being a Footy manager nut like the majority on here i was looking at upgrading the laptop for a macbook, any advice on macs, and advice on how good FM plays on them i'd be more than greatful.

Cheers in advance!

Haydn-4

May 4, 2008
The Lab.
i've got the 2011, 13" Standard Macbook Pro. I just downloaded steam and purchased Football manager 2012 through that and it runs like an absolute dream, no problems whatsoever, processing is very quick. Matches flow seamlessly, would recommend a mac!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
It runs very well on my 2009 MacBook, so I can only assume it'll be brilliant on a MacBook Pro. If you want to save a bit of money, it might be worth looking around on eBay for a late-model MacBook whilst they're still on the market. Very good spec, will run FM fine and will probably be about half the price of a new Pro.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Apple clearance store is always a good place to look for a bargain. I would have thought that unless you're doing complex picture editing or video or graphics, then a macbook or macbook air would be more than sufficient to run FM. The macbook pro is a powerful machine, mine is a 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo from 2007 and is still going strong using Photoshop, iMovie editing, CAD work etc.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I've got an "early 2011" MBP (I think they're still the most recent ones), and FM2012 runs like a dream. The Mac's biggest failing in terms of games is the less-than-stellar graphics cards Apple put in them, and that's not an issue with FM2012: things like the processor and available RAM are much more important for number-crunchin.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've got a 2008 13" macbook (slightly upgraded from the factory default) and 2012 runs perfectly - no processing issues and as smooth as anything.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Of course, with new Macs it'd be a bit daft not to have a Windows installation on your hard disk for games, if you've got any interest in games apart from FM. I only use my Windows installation for stuff I can't get on Mac OS X: I hate using Windows, after ten years using Macs it just feels all wrong to me. Without it though, I wouldn't have had the pleasure of playing The Witcher 2, which has run Batman Arkham City a very close second for the coveted JetsetJimbo's Game of the Year Award*.

(*"Award" might not be real and might not be coveted).

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
i got the higher end 13" Macbook Pro and works an absolute dream although if you do have a bigger game the processing does cause the laptop to get rather loud at times, sounds like an aircraft is about to take off but no issue :) get one! so much better than pc

Feb 21, 2009
Thanks for the help people going to go into town and look today see if i can get a bargain somewhere.

Is the intel hd 3000 a good graphics card then for the 3d game... sorry final question promise!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here