Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M25 Still closed

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Feel for anyone getting caught up in this - horrid. I'd say it should be fairly straight forward to avoid though either down the A3 or M3 if you can't get that far --- only that everyone will be doing it so it won't be a quick one. Can't see how a load of the Donny guys aren't going to get caught up in it either unless they figured it and used A1/M11 and through tunnel

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I heard some big cheese from the Highways Agency being interviewed about the sitch last night. He said the Police would be taking as long as was necessary to investigate the accident scene. Then after they'd finished, the crashed vehicles would be removed; sections of the central reservation would need to be replaced; same for a gantry that was totalled in the smash; and a section of carriageway would need resurfacing (due to spilled diesel). Nightmare.

Avoid at all costs today & find another route - unless of course you get off on sitting in a stationary vehicle in the middle of a motorway for several hours. Each to their own eh?

Lush

Mods' Pet
I noticed last night also, there are no signs for Amex coming into Brighton on the M23. Most towns you got to have brown football stadium direction signs.

As I guess most away fans will come down the M23 there is nothing to tell them to turn left for the A27. I guess many will head straight over into Patcham and Brighton.

come on Council.

Still it stops people driving to the ground then trying to find a parking space?

Nick Jarvis

Jul 31, 2003
Really wish I'd seen this thread / checked the traffic news before i set off.... not convinced i'm going to make kick off.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Still closed, stationary for 5 miles, diversion routes have long delays! Reigate conjested...no times provided as yet!!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Going home north...

You could try:
A27/M27 to Southampton
M3 to Winchester
A34 to Oxford
(then M40/A43 to Northampton to rejoin M1)

Not the most direct route obviously but at least it should be moving and avoids M25. Don't know if this will help anyone.

Hope you're all having a brilliant day and that everyone made it.
Love, Mrs Arkwright (at home, minding the shop obviously)

rauper

Jan 9, 2007
Hove
My girlfriend left Weybridge at 11:45 to come to the match and she's still on the M25 and I'm already home from the game. Epic motorway fail!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Why did she use the m25?! News over this side (Chertsey) is telling us to avoid the m25 conpletely!!

Coming down to Brighton tomorrow, hope it'll be better by then!

rauper

Jan 9, 2007
Hove
Latest says it's re-opening at 9pm so should be fine by tomorrow. Her plan was to get off a junction early and go offroad (Reigate) - but clearly that didn't pan out..!

breachy

Nov 18, 2008
Lower Bourne
I took a chance on way home from game .... going west it was partially open at 19.30 ish but going east it looked a nightmare and tailed back to leatherhead...and followed some geezer in his posh motor reg D GOLD ...

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
my soppy son was stuck in it with a mate and got out of the car and walked 3 miles down the 25 until the old bill picked em up and took them to Dorking station. They both made the game but I don't think the bloke who was driving them did. Thank you old bill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here