Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M.Painter

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
How have Painter done in is 2 games so far I notice he was taken off half way through the second half was it because of injury/c--p/tactical what position is he playing ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He's playing LB, he was subbed due to tactical reasons with us being 1 down and all, he's done well so far, very solid defensively, hasn't got forward to much but he does what is needed.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I rate him. Likes to play ball-to-feet when he's in possession; defensively good (although I didn't see his first game here) & seems to have a welcome bit of class about him.

*Prepares for him havin' total 'mare at Borient*

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
Thanks

WE have a very top heavy squad of around 40 players a fault of our previous manager Roberto Martinez so its good to see one of the players getting some games and he is no mug. We also have another dozen who are desperate for loan/permenant moves tomorrow or when the window re-opens so I would suggest to Poyet have a look some very tidy players available it is a balancing act when it comes to finance but my impression of Brighton is they are a big club remember years ago at the Goldstone ground in the 3rd div (league 1 ) 30,000 plus watching league games.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Didn't think he looked all that on Saturday. I prefer McNulty on what little I've seen of him so far.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Didn't see the game yesterday, but I thought Painter looked solid at Walsall. He seemed a bit rusty, but that is to be expected with players that have been out for so long.

heavyweightsrbest

Oct 10, 2009
Thanks

WE have a very top heavy squad of around 40 players a fault of our previous manager Roberto Martinez so its good to see one of the players getting some games and he is no mug. We also have another dozen who are desperate for loan/permenant moves tomorrow or when the window re-opens so I would suggest to Poyet have a look some very tidy players available it is a balancing act when it comes to finance but my impression of Brighton is they are a big club remember years ago at the Goldstone ground in the 3rd div (league 1 ) 30,000 plus watching league games.

Have you got two decent central defenders going spare, that's what we are in dire need of getting by Monday.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think he looked very capable yesterday - general consensus in C block where I was sitting seemed to be that he doesn't get drawn into the tackle too quickly, has good awareness of what's going on around him - very dependable and the defence have lookd better with him playing. Personally, I hope we can sign him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In the two games so far I have seen him play he is good defensively but does not get forward much. Having said that we don't have anyone who plays left midfield so it makes it very difficult to go marauding up the wing on the overlap.

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
Have you got two decent central defenders going spare, that's what we are in dire need of getting by Monday.

That is the one position where we poberbly have not maybe last week but Serran got injured. Left wingers, strikers midfield players 10 fold but not centre backs. I see your getting shot of Kevin Macloud he played a couple of seasons for us shocked someone said he looked overweight because he was too light weight when with us. Did not do much with us really had 3 fantastic games all after each other when he scored 7 and did not score again the rest of the season. Was always on the drink and when he was on form he used to come out in the papers and say that he was off the booze and what a difference. Waste really of a talent.

heavyweightsrbest

Oct 10, 2009
That is the one position where we poberbly have not maybe last week but Serran got injured. Left wingers, strikers midfield players 10 fold but not centre backs. I see your getting shot of Kevin Macloud he played a couple of seasons for us shocked someone said he looked overweight because he was too light weight when with us. Did not do much with us really had 3 fantastic games all after each other when he scored 7 and did not score again the rest of the season. Was always on the drink and when he was on form he used to come out in the papers and say that he was off the booze and what a difference. Waste really of a talent.

As you say a wasted talent, always looks like he is capable of a lot more. Did not realise there was a drink problem, which may explain it.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
sheep.jpg

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Well he's only here to paper over the cracks.

The whole defence needs to brush up on their duties, as I've been going through a whole range of emulsions watching them recently.

Overalls, if he does well and puts the gloss on our defence, he could be primed to make a return to the Swansea line up, or his season may just dry out.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
People were saying he looked very solid defensively at Walsall and I could certainly see what they meant on Saturday. Great positioning, composed and knows how to time a tackle. First thing I thought when I saw him was "we've got ourselves another Gary Borrowdale", ie. a Championship standard full back dropping a division and doing a very solid job. Should be good competing with the more attacking McNulty for that LB spot, and with Calderon impressing on the other side I should hope we'll have a strong finish to the season from our full backs.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I dislike seeing McNulty drop to the bench but I was impressed with Painter yesterday. Solid, composed full back.

Led to believe he plays centre back also? I am sure he said in his interview when he joined that he came here to play centre back for us...

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
What do you offer in terms of a left winger?

From what I can gather they are trying to get Tom Butler although right footed plays on the left experienced played for Sunderland and with us a few years gets is good and bad days and ex Southend Mark Gower although Sousa is adament he is still in hs plans is available for some games.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
From what I can gather they are trying to get Tom Butler although right footed plays on the left experienced played for Sunderland and with us a few years gets is good and bad days and ex Southend Mark Gower although Sousa is adament he is still in hs plans is available for some games.

Tom Butler? Would he been early to mid-thirties? I seem to remember a Butler playing for Sunderland when Phillips hit 30 that year, not the same guy though surely? Unfortunately, we have right footed players playing on the left. We don't need another. :down:

Mark Gower was always excellent against us for Southend, he wouldn't be a bad shout for us but a bit of a luxury, given we should be prioritising the left wing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here